Home

setup plays

This is a discussion on setup plays within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2009, 08:12 PM   #17
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: setup plays

i tied a game up with safety bit on playaction i mostly threw to the right so when safety bit i had left side open .precision passed toward sideline over should catch ran it it for touchdown 63 yds and yes it was on heisman
Old 06-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #18
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzOUstu702
On a side note, I wish it would show the percentage without you having to scroll over it. I don't know about everyone else, but I hardly ever scroll through the four plays in a block. It's much easier to use the four buttons, and it would be much easier to see the percentage without scrolling.
If I remember right, EA mentioned on the blog that a play has to be 100% set up to take advantage of the feature.

So there's no point in checking the percentage, really. The play will flash when it's 100% set up, so no having to scroll over it. There's a green arrow beside it to highlight it.

I've had success with set up plays. I called a Triple Option Motion Pass with Florida today (in Varsity) and OU bit hard. I bombed it over the top and my receiver was open by a full five yards.

One more thing: You can easily tell which plays in your playbook are linked. There are little "chain links" between the play diagrams ...

Last edited by Strummer101er; 06-22-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:21 PM   #19
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

the big key for me is to be successful runnning no matter if its chain or not then go away when they see the formation they will adjust. i got a first down on 3 and 10 because they were expecting the pass cause i passed on 3 and long the other three times
Old 06-22-2009, 10:24 PM   #20
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
the big key for me is to be successful runnning no matter if its chain or not then go away when they see the formation they will adjust. i got a first down on 3 and 10 because they were expecting the pass cause i passed on 3 and long the other three times
i totally agree. most of the time if you can establish the run you will be in position to win the game. problem for me is the only success i have on runs is jet sweeps and options occasionally.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:53 PM   #21
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

They don't really work in the Demo...it comes off as more of a gimmick. I have been successful just using my running game in the past to open up my Passing game....just like real football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 11:22 PM   #22
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

you guys gotta understand that setup plays arent just automatic. The higher pct its setup, the better your chances are of it working but just because its 100% doesnt guarantee it will work. That would be a huge cheese and horribly unrealistic. If a defense has the right call to stop a certain play then its not going to work. So if you run a certain run and have it setup for the PA pass but the defense is playing a pass defense, chances are its not going to work.

Setup plays do work, ive had them work, then again its hard to tell if they worked because i set them up or i just made a good call.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #23
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
you guys gotta understand that setup plays arent just automatic. The higher pct its setup, the better your chances are of it working but just because its 100% doesnt guarantee it will work. That would be a huge cheese and horribly unrealistic. If a defense has the right call to stop a certain play then its not going to work. So if you run a certain run and have it setup for the PA pass but the defense is playing a pass defense, chances are its not going to work.

Setup plays do work, ive had them work, then again its hard to tell if they worked because i set them up or i just made a good call.
oh trust me i know they are not automatic, nor do i want them to be. im just frustrated i havent seen one work yet when i have tried more than 20 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:41 PM   #24
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Man they work like a charm...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »