Home

Open question~ PATCH PHILOSOPHY

This is a discussion on Open question~ PATCH PHILOSOPHY within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #89
Rookie

GrayFolded's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Open question~ PATCH PHILOSOPHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
I think the easiest fix to the pass rush debate is to tweak the sliders and (as someone else said in a different post) PUT THE SLIDERS ON STEROIDS. Zero pass rush equals no pressure and no sacks and huge pockets. 100 pass rush equals no rushing, no pocket, and 10-20 sacks in a game. Could we all live with this?
Smartest thing I have read on the Slider subject.....
Old 07-02-2009, 10:12 PM   #90
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
This is what makes the slider mishap such a catastrophically bad error. Although I vehemently disagree with it, I could live with the design decision to make the default pass rush ultra friendly to the casual, "high scoring games rule" crowd, if they gave us extremely effective tools which would allow us to do our own tuning to make things more realistically challenging.

The Coup de Grace will be if they once again choose to limit the effectiveness of the sliders, well then I'd have to reluctantly agree with the legion of naysayers and take a pejorative stance toward this development team and their believe in what makes a good football game.
I agree. As an offline guy, it doesn't bother me when the default settings are off. I've been dealing with major slider tweaks for the last four years in any football game. The online crowd may not be happy but as long the customization options are there I'm fine with it.

That's why I was so disappointed that they didn't offer the old camera as an option. And that the sliders are broken. And that they didn't introduce the new sliders that Madden got - fumble, fatigue and injury sliders as well as game speed sliders. Will the sliders even be effective enough? I know some people hate sliders but I love them. Without my tools I get annoyed. Tweaking last year's game was like working on a project with your kids plastic tools. Give me more power!

Sometimes I wonder if companies don't want to give us total control over sliders and changes as it may hurt future sales.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:02 AM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
The pass rush works as intended. I know some people think it is fine and others think it is completely wrong. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That's how subjectivity works.
Please tell me that wasn't the case for '09. Please tell me you and everyone else were furious with the pass rush in '09, that you were amazed at how ridiculously easy it made the passing game, even on Heisman with a weak team.

If they worked "as intended" last year, something is horribly wrong with whoever intended them to work that way.

If you're just talking about this year, I can make my peace with that statement.

Last edited by jeeve; 07-03-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 11:13 AM   #92
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayFolded
Nope, I'm 31, own a house, work at a Social Science Research Center for the University of Chicago.....And, all my bills are paid...
then you wouldnt want to be a tester that works for free
Old 07-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #93
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyvally74
Very few people.
i think its fine, i like not having 20 sacks a game like the old ps1 days. In the demo i dont have 8 seconds to throw the ball like people claim and i can get pressure on the cpu as well.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #94
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i think its fine, i like not having 20 sacks a game like the old ps1 days. In the demo i dont have 8 seconds to throw the ball like people claim and i can get pressure on the cpu as well.
Well I should have downloaded your version!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #95
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
My first two games of the demo the CPU was a combined 20-21 with no sacks and only a couple of pressures, on Heisman.
I had a game where i had 3 sacks in 1 game (2 of them user sacks, 1 while i was the MLB for Florida & the other while i was Dunlap, the DE). I've had a game where i was Florida and OU had 4 rushes, 3 hits & 2 sacks on me in 1 game. And this was on heisman. So while some people have had trouble getting a rush, others have had no problem. If your QB never had time to throw the ball and teams were racking up 8 sacks a game you'd be complaining that the pass rush was too good. Keep in mind its an 8 minute game, you shouldnt be putting up 4 sacks a game especially considering these are 2 teams that are in the top 10 so they both have good lines.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 12:31 PM   #96
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
I had a game where i had 3 sacks in 1 game (2 of them user sacks, 1 while i was the MLB for Florida & the other while i was Dunlap, the DE). I've had a game where i was Florida and OU had 4 rushes, 3 hits & 2 sacks on me in 1 game. And this was on heisman. So while some people have had trouble getting a rush, others have had no problem. If your QB never had time to throw the ball and teams were racking up 8 sacks a game you'd be complaining that the pass rush was too good. Keep in mind its an 8 minute game, you shouldnt be putting up 4 sacks a game especially considering these are 2 teams that are in the top 10 so they both have good lines.
You obviously don't understand the problem with the pass rush.

CPU pass rush is OK. User-controlled pass rush is OK. CPU-controlled pass rush on the users team is 100% non-existent. It's definitely not fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »