Home

Open question~ PATCH PHILOSOPHY

This is a discussion on Open question~ PATCH PHILOSOPHY within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #97
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Open question~ PATCH PHILOSOPHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
You obviously don't understand the problem with the pass rush.

CPU pass rush is OK. User-controlled pass rush is OK. CPU-controlled pass rush on the users team is 100% non-existent. It's definitely not fine.
Exactly. If the game is unbalanced in terms of user pass rush vs. the user cpu DL teammates then that is a big problem.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i think its fine, i like not having 20 sacks a game like the old ps1 days. In the demo i dont have 8 seconds to throw the ball like people claim and i can get pressure on the cpu as well.
Same here. The pass rush in the demo is fine. 09 was really bad, so I don't see how people aren't seeing how good it is in the demo.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #99
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:

CPU pass rush is OK. User-controlled pass rush is OK. CPU-controlled pass rush on the users team is 100% non-existent. It's definitely not fine.
I second this... but even when I was controlling OU's D-line I had some trouble because Tebow would throw within 2 seconds. But when I didn't control a DL, you could go ahead and chalk up a completion.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #100
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

ok then how come ive had the cpu get sacks for me in the game? I have not had a problem with pass rush, both cpu or user controlled to the point where it seems ridiculously unrealistic.

Also, last year's National Championship game, Florida had 2 sacks, OU had 0. So keep in mind that it could just be the teams that are in the demo. If you're OU playing Western Kentucky, perhaps you wouldnt notice a pass rush problem (those that complain of one).
Old 07-03-2009, 09:58 PM   #101
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
ok then how come ive had the cpu get sacks for me in the game? I have not had a problem with pass rush, both cpu or user controlled to the point where it seems ridiculously unrealistic.

Also, last year's National Championship game, Florida had 2 sacks, OU had 0. So keep in mind that it could just be the teams that are in the demo. If you're OU playing Western Kentucky, perhaps you wouldnt notice a pass rush problem (those that complain of one).
Pressure isn't just about getting sacks. When I played the demo as OU, I just felt like my line wasn't even getting close to Tebow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #102
MVP

OVR: 20

Why is everyone freaking out? Isnt in the patched sliders you can adjust cpu O-line blocking and user D-line pressure and things like that?..
Old 07-03-2009, 11:23 PM   #103
MVP

OVR: 20

^^^And how effective were the sliders last year when it came to upping the pass rush? Are we suppose to believe that the sliders when patched this year are going to be any different when they can't even give us sliders out of the box that aren't broke for the second straight year. Don't hold your breath is my point.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 07-04-2009, 01:07 PM   #104
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:

Pass rush is not about sacks. You can get great pressure on a QB all game and realistically get no sacks. We have seen actual game footage of Florida vs. A cupcake team and there still wasnt any consistence pressure.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »