Home

Did you get your money's worth out of NCAA 2009

This is a discussion on Did you get your money's worth out of NCAA 2009 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2009, 11:01 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: Did you get your money's worth out of NCAA 2009

Did I get my moneys worth? Most definitely. I'm disappointed that I have to stop my current dynasty and start it over when 10 comes out next week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 11:04 PM   #42
MattUMD224

OVR:

played 4 days worth of NCAA 09 on PS3 then traded it in for the PS2 version so yes i got my moneys worth

Old 07-08-2009, 11:04 PM   #43
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
09 was probably the first installment into the NCAA Football series where I felt I didnt get my moneys worth. The first year I didnt even finish one full dynasty season. Hopefully this year will be better.
Exact same thing with me. I always put in over 100 hours with every release and last year was the first year ever not only did I not go over 100 hours play time with 09, I didn't even finish one season. I think I played seven games. Once it was fully patched and realized it wasn't ever going to be fixed anymore I couldn't live with it so I sold it. The lack of defense, the poor OL/DL interaction just ruined it for me. I spent the last year playing 07 on the ps2 for my football fix.

Then add in the fact that we had to wait many weeks for the slider patch which still didn't make it playable.

I love the NCAA series so as soon as the sliders are patched I will probably buy it, I just hope I don't have to wait too long for that patch.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:31 PM   #44
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

OVR: 4

After 33+ combined online dynasty seasons, I would have to say yes, I got my money's worth. I played well over 500 games of NCAA 09. I've always judged whether or not I get my money's worth based on the cost per hour of gameplay. Since I've played as many games as I have I've paid pennies per hour for 09. It has it's flaws, but it's football. There hasn't been a football game issued on any version of any system that hasn't had its flaws. From the turbo C button on the sega genesis to the 99 speed guys in NCAA 09. But we had a group that had a blast playing together and got through a number of seasons in each of the online dynasties I participated in. In summary, definite yes.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:50 PM   #45
Rookie

spike83's Arena

OVR: 2

Traded it in once Madden came out. 09 and the year (05?) with Larry Fitzgerald have been the two worst IMO..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 11:56 PM   #46
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Even with it's issues I still have a dynasty going. I def have gotten my money's worth out of 2009.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 07-09-2009, 12:01 AM   #47
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8

Loved NCAA 09, fun as hell! would not trade it ever. Looking forward to NCAA 10, and after playing the demo, hell yea I am fired up. Lot of people say that 10 is the same game, not even close, and if it were, I would buy it still because to me 09 was pretty damn sweet.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:02 AM   #48
Rookie

twigstudios's Arena

OVR: 7

Yes I did. First game since NCAA 2006 that I bought the day it came out and one of the few games that continued to hold my interest. In fact I am still playing 2009 on the PS3. Usually I would wait until the Madden heads return the NCAA series and buy it for cheaper (that's what I did for NCAA 08). Actually the only reason I am getting 2010 is because of Teambuilder period. I have waited forever to have Create A Team on the next gen. I know it sounds silly but I will probably be playing 2009 and 2010 at the same time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »