Home

Ncaa 10 - Why is ea selling functions that should be in the game.

This is a discussion on Ncaa 10 - Why is ea selling functions that should be in the game. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2009, 10:00 PM   #73
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Ncaa 10 - Why is ea selling functions that should be in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectRipCity
Absolutely. Guys this is EA they make a ton of dough. I recently purchased the Sims 3 and so far I have enjoyed the game. But something I noticed just seem down right wrong. The EA store makes you pay for objects with real money after buying the game for $50.
You mean like the 20 expansion packs they offered for Sims 1 and Sims 2? My mind is blown.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:03 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
You mean like the 20 expansion packs they offered for Sims 1 and Sims 2? My mind is blown.
Hey mm

You can go to school in the college one! Oh and the night life you can pick up chicks! And pets you can have your own dog!

EA was slapping they're face when they forgot to put those in. Thank god they released expansion at 10 easy payments of $39.99

Seriously...If more than 2 Sims 3 expansion release...I am going to kill myself.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:30 PM   #75
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectRipCity
Hey mm

You can go to school in the college one! Oh and the night life you can pick up chicks! And pets you can have your own dog!

EA was slapping they're face when they forgot to put those in. Thank god they released expansion at 10 easy payments of $39.99

Seriously...If more than 2 Sims 3 expansion release...I am going to kill myself.
LMAO thats crazy.Are you serious about those expansion packs though?That really shows EAis more for making money than making the customer happy.

They need to take notes from other games that offer FREE DLC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2009, 10:45 PM   #76
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxt
None of this stuff is new to video games. People in the mmorpg market have been paying for extra avatar slots, gear, and in-game currency for years. It really comes down to this: Do you have to have everything and are you willing to pay extra for it? I say, stop wasting your time complaining and don't pay for it. Trust me, if no one bought this crap, they wouldn't sell it.

Logical way of looking at things. However, with some games, the DLC actually restricts your experience..when it's really supposed to be just optional add-ons. Halo 3 is a good example of that. I mean, it's cool to add new map packs and things like that, but, optional DLC should not take away a person's ability to participate in online, ranked matches. Some companies are making it imperative for you to purchase DLC to experience everything the game has to offer. Eventually I bet we're probably going to see charges to play online modes in games just like PC gamers have had to.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #77
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

it's a bunch of BS, that what this is really is.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:15 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
LMAO thats crazy.Are you serious about those expansion packs though?That really shows EAis more for making money than making the customer happy.

They need to take notes from other games that offer FREE DLC
Yeah, and when they ran out of stuff to put in expansion packs, they came out with Sims 3, so now they can make people buy those expansion packs all over again.

In a competition between profits and consumers, EA chooses profits every time. And that's fine, that's capitalism. But there's no sense in pretending their motives are anything but profits.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:32 PM   #79
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm think that somewhere in the Constitution, business practices like this are illegal. Seriously, this is getting rediculous. The economy isn't bad because people aren't buying stuff, because they still are; it's because of horrid business ethics like these: money-laundering, panhandling, Ponzi-schemes, extortion, and illegal spending.

EA (along with other huge companies) are leaving consumer's pockets dry, and they're not being penalized. Back in the day, big companies always had the initial goal to make money, but they also held a duty to the customer: make a great product. Now, companies can get away with anything because there are no moral standards to uphold. AIG is still getting away with paying million-dollar bonuses.

EA should be ashamed. In Europe, it's against the law to put out incomplete and/or broken products. We need a similar law in America, because this DLC for broken products is getting rediculous...
Old 07-12-2009, 11:40 PM   #80
Rookie

Lerxt's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL10
I'm think that somewhere in the Constitution, business practices like this are illegal. Seriously, this is getting rediculous. The economy isn't bad because people aren't buying stuff, because they still are; it's because of horrid business ethics like these: money-laundering, panhandling, Ponzi-schemes, extortion, and illegal spending.

EA (along with other huge companies) are leaving consumer's pockets dry, and they're not being penalized. Back in the day, big companies always had the initial goal to make money, but they also held a duty to the customer: make a great product. Now, companies can get away with anything because there are no moral standards to uphold. AIG is still getting away with paying million-dollar bonuses.

EA should be ashamed. In Europe, it's against the law to put out incomplete and/or broken products. We need a similar law in America, because this DLC for broken products is getting rediculous...
This is a little over the top, man. The problem is not with EA, it's with us. We are so used to consuming anything and everything we want to, we forget that a) this is a GAME, and b) you're not required to pay extra!! You make it sound like if you don't have extra team builder slots for each profile, someone in your family will die of hunger. Don't. Buy. This. Crap. The end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »