Home

Ncaa 10 - Why is ea selling functions that should be in the game.

This is a discussion on Ncaa 10 - Why is ea selling functions that should be in the game. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #41
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Ncaa 10 - Why is ea selling functions that should be in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
Right...So if I have my own gt which is my profile...and i build a team on the tb website...i get the code right?

if you are my roommate and have your own gt on my console....and you build your own team on the tb website and get your own code right?

if i put my code on my console using my gt and get my teams

can you then log in to your gt and use your code to get your built teams
You're not understanding how this works. I'll try to simplify things.

Anyone can build their team on the site with their own gamertag. This guy can build his team with his GT, his son can build his team with his GT and I can build my team with my GT. Noone has any codes yet.

This guy buys the game and the game itself comes with a code to unlock the teambuilder feature. It has nothing to do with any teams yet, it simply turns on the entire teambuilder feature. He can then download his own team that he built, his son's team which was built with his son's GT and my team which I built with my GT.

His son, however, who doesn't have his own version of the game, and thus doesn't have his own code, cannot use the entire teambuilder feature. At all. He cannot use any created teams because the NCAA game only comes with 1 code. Again, this code has nothing to do with what teams can be downloaded. It only has to do with the entire teambuilder feature.

This would be akin to EA giving us a code to unlock online dynasty mode. With this code, every single disc that is sold could have the online dynasty mode, but it would only work for whichever profile activated the code. In this example, the father could play as much OD as he wanted to, but his son would not be able to play OD at all unless he bought his own version of the game.

With the direction this is going, what's to stop EA from providing a code for every feature of the game (Road to Glory, offline dynasty, etc) that will only allow the game to be played on 1 profile?

Does this make things more clear Guru?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #42
Rookie

Nauticaman629's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Hey we had a 20 page thread on this when it was first announced.

All of these items can be obtained by playing the game, these shorcuts are just offered for the more casual crowd. They are also making it an option in Online Dynasties to not allow the PDLC. So it won't be a problem online if that's what you are worried about.
this is a relief, still won't have the game till tuesday, but at least i'll have enough time to play it b4 i start up my OD when rosters r released
Old 07-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 17

You don't get a code for creating a team on the Team Builder website. You get a code when you BUY the game at the store. So no your roommate could not get his created teams unless he played under your profile or bought his own game
Old 07-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #44
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

Welcome to capitalism at its finest.

I laugh at everyone defending EA. I understand the economy is in bad shape and they have to make their money some how, but let's be realistic. The code only allows you to unlock for your specific profile? For me it wouldn't be a problem, but so what? For EA to charge people $10 for something that should really be free, otherwise sold at $5 or less, is ludicrous. The code should not be worth 1/6th the cost of the game. It isn't just this code, however. I've noticed EA overcharging for all their DLC. Just because some people are willing to pay it (or backed into a corner and left with no choice) doesn't make it right.

I can understand charging for some things, but this? Any way you slice it, it's ripping people off. If they want to combat used game sales, you should probably make a BETTER game. If you're game didn't suck so terribly it wouldn't be returned or resold.

It's too bad business ethics are a thing of the past, otherwise EA would be OUT of business.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

whats sad is that they resort to these things to sell more copies...........instead of making a high quality product.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2009, 11:56 AM   #46
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
You're not understanding how this works. I'll try to simplify things.

Anyone can build their team on the site with their own gamertag. This guy can build his team with his GT, his son can build his team with his GT and I can build my team with my GT. Noone has any codes yet.

This guy buys the game and the game itself comes with a code to unlock the teambuilder feature. It has nothing to do with any teams yet, it simply turns on the entire teambuilder feature. He can then download his own team that he built, his son's team which was built with his son's GT and my team which I built with my GT.

His son, however, who doesn't have his own version of the game, and thus doesn't have his own code, cannot use the entire teambuilder feature. At all. He cannot use any created teams because the NCAA game only comes with 1 code. Again, this code has nothing to do with what teams can be downloaded. It only has to do with the entire teambuilder feature.

This would be akin to EA giving us a code to unlock online dynasty mode. With this code, every single disc that is sold could have the online dynasty mode, but it would only work for whichever profile activated the code. In this example, the father could play as much OD as he wanted to, but his son would not be able to play OD at all unless he bought his own version of the game.

With the direction this is going, what's to stop EA from providing a code for every feature of the game (Road to Glory, offline dynasty, etc) that will only allow the game to be played on 1 profile?

Does this make things more clear Guru?

Gotcha...now i see...but my game did not come with a code...where is the code?

never mind...found the code
Old 07-12-2009, 12:15 PM   #47
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Hey we had a 20 page thread on this when it was first announced.

All of these items can be obtained by playing the game, these shorcuts are just offered for the more casual crowd. They are also making it an option in Online Dynasties to not allow the PDLC. So it won't be a problem online if that's what you are worried about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Hey you reserve your right to stick up for money grubbing. I reserve my right to "moan." (nice choice of words)

And one thing I don't think you understand... Is that these things aren't necessarily gained by playing the game. Recruiting advisor? It's year 2 and I don't have access to THAT yet. There's certainly nothing that tells you what you have to do to get it. Recruit Reports? Same thing. Don't have access to those after playing through a season.

FYI Fellas: I created an OD and there isn't any way to turn off the dynasty accelerators, and I'm sure there's no way to tell who is using them... So cheaters rejoice
Okay, so which is it??

This will really suck donkey nuts if there's no way to turn this crap off for OD or online play in general!!! I mean, no way to know if anyone is using the DL cheats and then having an unfair advantage that it affords them?? Let's just cater to the cheesers and cheaters of this world EA, all to make a buck

If true.................C'MON EA, GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ARSES AND YOUR HANDS OUT OF OUR POCKETS!!!!

PSN: hoos4974
Old 07-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #48
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

I'd pay, even though I shouldn't have to, for the missing stadiums, Stadium expansions that didn't make it in before the cut date. (I'm looking for my Southern Miss expansion The Rock) but I do agree we shouldn't have to. I'm use to this now, but I'd rather see them put up useful stuff like that this fluff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »