Home

Using speed burst when running

This is a discussion on Using speed burst when running within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2009, 03:39 PM   #9
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Using speed burst when running

I hold sprint from the get go and it works like a charm imo. When I dont hold it, the RB moves extremely slow and the D just seems to swallow him up even easier. Most of the time you can even get into the open without getting an explosion through the hole. So sorry, Im not buying the dont hold sprint button, because I have video highlights galore of breaking long runs with fast and slwoer RBs, on Heisman using this technique. I'll stick to holding sprint. I will say that sometimes you need to let it go so that you can make a cut back or what not, but if you got stick skills you can maneuver your RB in and out of traffic just fine holding sprint!
Old 07-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #10
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfLaMange
If you've ever seen Jaquizz Rodgers from Oregon State run, that's who you should emulate to have a lot of success in this year's game. Just stick behind a guard or a tackle for as long as possible, and then hit the burst when there are wide receivers throwing blocks downfield. I'm averaging 7 yards a carry on Heisman with sorry Stephen Simmons of Northwestern.
Its worthless to compare this game to real life players because it plays nothing like real life football, it has a long ways to go. And Ive never hid behind lineman to gert free, I find the hole and hit, all while setting up blocks and taking what the defense gives me. You cant break em all, so sometimes you gotta just take the 3 or 4 yards and be happy you didnt lose any.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:01 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfLaMange
If you've ever seen Jaquizz Rodgers from Oregon State run, that's who you should emulate to have a lot of success in this year's game. Just stick behind a guard or a tackle for as long as possible, and then hit the burst when there are wide receivers throwing blocks downfield. I'm averaging 7 yards a carry on Heisman with sorry Stephen Simmons of Northwestern.

Well that's certainly realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 06:13 PM   #12
Rookie

mjacks10's Arena

OVR: 6

It depends. On plays where I've got to hit the hole & go I may use turbo fairly quickly. I broke a 30 yard TD last night on an outside zone play where the hole was right there and I just accelerated through it. On plays where I might need to wait for blocks to develop like tosses & power o plays, I'll be a little more patient.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #13
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

the speed burst is my least favorite part of this game. the way the game is coded is that once you you hit the burst so does the D. you can let off but the cpu doesnt. and they can make cuts while still in burst. last year i had to put rb ability on 15 just to combat the speed of hb's and make the speed burst button more realistic. this year is much better. still got to drop that ability sliders some when they get it working.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:27 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 34

open field running, and when im trying to bounce outside..thats it
Old 07-17-2009, 06:44 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is how I approach running:

If I see a hole on an inside handoff, I hit speed burst right away (I'm looking for a hole while the QB is handing the RB the ball)

If I don't see a hole, I don't and hope that one will open up, or I just try to go up the gut anyway and force my way through and get a couple yards.

On counters and off tackle runs where a guard is pulling I wait until he engages a block on a linebacker coming from the playside and split that side's tackle and the pulling guard.

On tosses and off tackles without a pulling guard I just speed burst right away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 07:34 PM   #16
Rookie

rangerp72's Arena

OVR: 2

YEs, i have found if i dont use the speed burst i get better gains b/c in this yrs game it allows the blockers to get out in front and block then you can cut off of them and then it the sprint trigger.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »