Home

Using speed burst when running

This is a discussion on Using speed burst when running within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 20
Re: Using speed burst when running

Quote:
Originally Posted by prbobo
When you run the ball, how many of you hold the speed burst button down from the second you get the handoff? I'm asking because I read an article on here yesterday where the guy was saying it's better NOT to use it like that and to use it only when you are in open field? I don't understand that. No disrespect to the guy that wrote the article but I just don't see it that way. I hold it down from the get go because I want to hit the holes, the corner, whatever as fast as possible. I'm not an expert at the game but I've had decent success running the football this way forever. I just don't see an advantage from making your running back slower if you can speed him up a tad by just hitting a button. What are ya'lls thoughts?
Answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Well when you don't press the sprint button all of your moves as a running back are more effective. Your jukes, spins, stiff arms and highlight stick are all more effective and you can cut and see cutback lanes better. The game also seems to be programmed to have the d-line break their blocks if you sprint by them.
Use this tactic and follow blocks. I've also noticed that when you do this that if a defender gets off a block the person blocking him will try to block him again.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #18
Rookie

htoole21's Arena

OVR: 3

I use it after i pass the LOS. Also I've found out that when I'm running up to someone I let off of it so I can juke better.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:52 PM   #19
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

hit the hole and then sprint. Let the blocking happen. I have my best sucess with the counter, once my guard engages his block boom I'm out of there baby!

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »