Home

NCAA 10 Commentary (sticky requested)

This is a discussion on NCAA 10 Commentary (sticky requested) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 06:54 AM   #49
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA 10 Commentary (sticky requested)

This game is in serious need of new commentary. I say bring in Brent Musberger and Gary Danielson for next year. Or the guys that do the saturday night games on ABC (can't think of the names off the top of my head).

I was playing as the Bucks and Pryor scored on a nice 25yd scamper. You would think they would mention that I scored, but they didn't. Just went straight into a conversation about me throwing into coverage on the previous play.

Please EA, I'm begging here. Fix this for NCAA 11 and let Herbstreit, Corso, and Nessler just do the pre-game or something. Like they do in real life.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:06 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

They wont change it because their not aggressive enough and don't have the resources as in money.
Why would they pay multiple people from espn thousands a day for their comentary when they can recycle the "AARP says" line year after year.
NCAA has to get a hold of themselves and evolve the brand not add the madden x-1 engine package.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:52 AM   #51
Rookie

jinc1019's Arena

OVR: 4

I agree the commentary here is not so good...but second all time? I think all those Maddens that had radio voices should DEFINITELY be ahead of this game.

TEAMS:
Baseball: Red Sox
Basketball: Celtics, Duke, U Richmond
Football: Duke, U Richmond (FCS)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 07:53 AM   #52
Rookie

jinc1019's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmcfreak
I don't even know why the squib kick isn't even in the game, makes me rage. I actually had a friend over and we played a game. He has not played since 07, yet he knew alot of the commentary that was being said. That is unacceptable.
I agree....the squib is apart of the game...."if it's in the game, then its..." what's that line again?

TEAMS:
Baseball: Red Sox
Basketball: Celtics, Duke, U Richmond
Football: Duke, U Richmond (FCS)
Old 07-28-2009, 10:10 AM   #53
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

They need to start completely from scratch - find voice-over actors, even unknowns - who really are going to dedicate themselves and spend the weeks in the studio working on the commentary like they really need to (not to mention much cheaper). The commentary is stale because not only can they not even get the 3 of them in at the same time, they have to try to squeeze these guys in whenever they can (assuming Corso and company are soooo busy during the off-season).

Just dump those guys completely because they clearly have no dedication.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:36 PM   #54
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo75
They need to start completely from scratch - find voice-over actors, even unknowns - who really are going to dedicate themselves and spend the weeks in the studio working on the commentary like they really need to (not to mention much cheaper). The commentary is stale because not only can they not even get the 3 of them in at the same time, they have to try to squeeze these guys in whenever they can (assuming Corso and company are soooo busy during the off-season).

Just dump those guys completely because they clearly have no dedication.
i'd gladly do commentary for them at a very low price.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #55
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

"You can't sleep in here,this isn't the 3rd period algebra class!"

How'd the NCAA let that one in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 06:52 PM   #56
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

Still could be worse. I remember NFL Football '94 for the Genesis had a terrible PA announcer. One of his like 14 lines was "Coming up on the 2 minute warning" and another was "2 minute warning!". The problem was that the first line triggered at like 2:02 on the clock, so what usually happened was "Coming up on the 2 minute warning--Two minute warning!" twice a game. It was laugable, and we've definitely come a long way since then.

But really, EA, is it too much to ask for some new lines from these guys every five years?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »