Home

NCAA 10 Commentary (sticky requested)

This is a discussion on NCAA 10 Commentary (sticky requested) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 10:11 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA 10 Commentary (sticky requested)

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo75
Not technically "commentary", but every time I pause the game there's some random guy in the stands yelling, "I... DO NOT... BELIEVE THIS!!!" First I'd like to know exactly what it is he does not believe, and then I'd like to know where he gets the frequent flier miles to travel to each and every stadium (including ones that don't exist).
Oh come on, you know that's funny. I love that guy lol Every time I pause "I.. do not... believe this!!!" hahah
Old 07-28-2009, 11:47 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

My favorite is my team getting called for holding in the opposing end zone and the booth will go on and on about the safety that just incurred.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:33 AM   #59
Rookie

tbone1's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
They need to start completely from scratch - find voice-over actors, even unknowns - who really are going to dedicate themselves and spend the weeks in the studio working on the commentary like they really need to (not to mention much cheaper). The commentary is stale because not only can they not even get the 3 of them in at the same time, they have to try to squeeze these guys in whenever they can (assuming Corso and company are soooo busy during the off-season).

Just dump those guys completely because they clearly have no dedication.
Funny thing is Corso lives about 3 minutes from the EA studios.
Maybe they could get his son to do it.
He sounds identical to his dad.
That same over the top animated personality.
Just a thought
Old 07-29-2009, 12:48 AM   #60
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
They need to start completely from scratch - find voice-over actors, even unknowns - who really are going to dedicate themselves and spend the weeks in the studio working on the commentary like they really need to (not to mention much cheaper). The commentary is stale because not only can they not even get the 3 of them in at the same time, they have to try to squeeze these guys in whenever they can (assuming Corso and company are soooo busy during the off-season).

Just dump those guys completely because they clearly have no dedication.
I work in radio. I Could do the commentary.

All joking aside (not really a joke cause I would, but EA would never use me.) but I think you maybe on to something. I remember I believe it was one of the triple play baseball games (before they started to completely suck) that had two guys doing the commentary. I'm pretty sure they weren't regular baseball guys, but two hired just for the game. They had fake ads and everything. I think this could work.

I say if you don't want to spend the big bucks then do this. There are several talented people out there that could do a better job than what we're seeing now.

I don't think we should dump the Gameday gang all together though. I like the idea that someone else had of keeping them on to do a pregame show. Could also be a post game show. The gameday crew is at its best outside the stadium.

And EA, I do have my own radio show and would be ready and willing to be your play by play guy. We just need me a couple of color guys or maybe just one.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:07 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 21
Icon11 Re: NCAA 10 Commentary (sticky requested)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILZPWN
Can't resist jumping on top of the pile: Hammond is utter garbage. The entire Madden team should be ashamed of how awful he sounds. Nessler is God compared to that crap.
every single game and usually multiple times a game(and my friends also had this happen) that i used big ben(which was often), i hear collinsworth's..... "every week is the ben roethlisberger show, bla bla bla, he's such a special quarterback". no variety there. im literally talking every game, a lot of times multiple times a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 02:13 AM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Whenever EA adds a new "feature", they have to go out of their way to let you know it's there.

I remember when they added the "stadium pulse" feature and the road team was up big at the end of the game, EVERY SINGLE PLAY you would hear Nessler tell you how the crowd "wasn't exactly rocking right now."
i miss the stadium pulse meter. i liked that, i wish they'd bring it back.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:18 AM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlndr
This game is in serious need of new commentary. I say bring in Brent Musberger and Gary Danielson for next year. Or the guys that do the saturday night games on ABC (can't think of the names off the top of my head).

I was playing as the Bucks and Pryor scored on a nice 25yd scamper. You would think they would mention that I scored, but they didn't. Just went straight into a conversation about me throwing into coverage on the previous play.

Please EA, I'm begging here. Fix this for NCAA 11 and let Herbstreit, Corso, and Nessler just do the pre-game or something. Like they do in real life.
i loved the pre-game they used to have like IRL, in the game they had corso put on the mascot head/helmet of his pick. and on the old madden ps2 and NCAA ps2 where they'd talk about an impact player and actually show him warming up. i love this stuff, i mean how hard is to bring this back for next gen.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:22 AM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazman
My favorite is my team getting called for holding in the opposing end zone and the booth will go on and on about the safety that just incurred.
half the time i get a touchback on a punt they say, and two points for the defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »