Home

I HATE the chew clock feature!

This is a discussion on I HATE the chew clock feature! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 03:44 PM   #9
Rookie

icmOU72's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: I HATE the chew clock feature!

ok i stand corrected the play clock does run down. I thought that it didnt. my bad, hey at least i can admit when i am mistaken, but i still think that it should only be allowed to be turned on after about the midway point through the fourth quarter.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:44 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
Bottom line:

If someone wants to run the clock down every time they can do it, and they don't need the "chew clock" feature to do it.

if my play clock is running down its because I need that time to read a defense and do all the video game audibleing and hot routing etc i always alter before snap and it takes time
Old 07-19-2009, 03:48 PM   #11
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson
if my play clock is running down its because I need that time to read a defense and do all the video game audibleing and hot routing etc i always alter before snap and it takes time
I understand being upset when you're on defense and the offense snaps it earlier than you want because you want to read the offense and see what they're doing. But it doesn't work the other way around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #12
Rookie

icmOU72's Arena

are right, someone could do it manually, but all i have heard about the past three months is how ea put gimmicks into games and stuff that isnt in "real life" football, well in real life football a team does not run the clock all the way down until the fourth quarter. I think that you should get that sportsmanship points if you use it correctly and it should dock points if you turn it on unnecessarily. I am just saying that people want this game to be as close to real life as possible and that feature being allowed to be misused is contradictory to real life football
Old 07-19-2009, 03:57 PM   #13
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by icmOU72
are right, someone could do it manually, but all i have heard about the past three months is how ea put gimmicks into games and stuff that isnt in "real life" football, well in real life football a team does not run the clock all the way down until the fourth quarter. I think that you should get that sportsmanship points if you use it correctly and it should dock points if you turn it on unnecessarily. I am just saying that people want this game to be as close to real life as possible and that feature being allowed to be misused is contradictory to real life football
The cpu doesn't turn it on until late in the 4th. If you're playing against a person, they don't HAVE to play "real" football. So you really should stop complaining about that because it won't do you any good. And again, even if this feature wasn't in the game, somebody (real person) could do this to you just by manually doing it....
Old 07-19-2009, 04:00 PM   #14
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

How do you turn it on or off?
Old 07-19-2009, 04:00 PM   #15
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo75
How do you turn it on or off?
Already answered above, if not this page than the page before it. Same thread though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 04:03 PM   #16
Rookie

icmOU72's Arena

I understand that, but people are less likely to sit there and just wait the time out when there is now a feature that does it automatically. Also part of the problem was that i did not notice the play clock going down as well, if i had noticed that i probably wouldnt have started a thread of this nature. I guess all i can do is ask the community to play the game with integrity.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »