Home

Is there a such thing about being too negative about this game

This is a discussion on Is there a such thing about being too negative about this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Is there a such thing about being too negative about this game

People have a right to complain, EA made the game, looked good before it came out (features list, graphics, WINDSOCKS) and no one can tell from a demo whether the full version will be good or bad, hell it ain't like you can test drive it like a car. So, we buy it, it sucks again, and we are mad. Quite simple.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pote14
hell it ain't like you can test drive it like a car. So, we buy it, it sucks again, and we are mad. Quite simple.
You could rent it.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:02 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I mean...considering that I have been in absolute love, no...make that lust with the NCAA series since the PS1 days like many of you. Considering that last gen, as a college football fan I only needed a used copy of Madden just to see how NCAA players did in the pros. I never really had to play Madden. That's how satisfying NCAA was. Considering that next gen has been plagued with bugs and inexcusable glitches for two years in a row. Considering that it seems clear that NCAA is being given second class treatment compared to Madden on next gen systems by folks at EA/Tiburon (at least from a presentation standpoint). Considering the fact that these games are more expensive, but much less satisfying. Considering the fact that this game is a little more than 2 weeks old and I have already gone back to playing COD5, NHL09, and Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway?

Considering all of this. Is there such a thing as a person in this situation being too negative regarding this game?

For a game that has been consistently horrible scene NCAA 2001 i don't think so. There is not enough criticism, everyone just says "deal with it" or "suck it up." And how in the heck did EGM give NCAA 2009 game of the mouth back then; I am almost for sure they did and I could not freaking believe it. Ridiculous......absolutely ridiculous.

I also stopped playing I am back on fallout and could not be happier whit it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 08:20 AM   #52
Rookie

gotvols's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
I am sorry I don't agree. I am having a great time with this game! I think threads such as the "bug thread" should be removed. Some people spend their time looking for the issues and negatives with the game, and ultimately spoiling their own experience based off of something someone else noticed or said.
I agree 100%. If I didn't read about problems people see I would never notice any of the problems brought up. It's a game and for that it's dawn good. Even after reading the complaints and people crying on how bad this game is I'm still wondering if we're playing the same game. It's the best college football game out there.

Last edited by gotvols; 08-09-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:47 AM   #53
Rookie

realultimatepower's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotvols
I agree 100%. If I didn't read about problems people see I would never notice any of the problems brought up. It's a game and for that it's dawn good. Even after reading the complaints and people crying on how bad this game is I'm still wondering if we're playing the same game. It's the best college football game out there.
Its the ONLY college football game out there. Other than the forthcoming Doug Williams Black College Game, or whatever its called.

The developers themselves come on here asking for criticism. They come on here during the development stage and ask what problems they should address from the previous version.

There are still many problems and many things worth criticizing. It took them 4 games to get the bowl endzones in this generation!

It'd be one thing if the negativity was without merit, but especially in regards to this game, it's 9/10 times been warranted.

For those of you that dont want to read about the problems, don't read the bug thread! The developers themselves ASK us to point out the bugs, since they can't seem to test the game fully/properly before shipping it off.

I blame the FSU fans/alums on the dev team
Old 08-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #54
stewaat

OVR:

Constructive criticism is great for the game. The bashers need to cool it though.

Most of the time there's one issue somebody doesn't like which leads them to blow up on the boards and create a huge impression that the game sucks.

I made that one thread because I knew that it couldn't be as bad as the boards make it seem.

4:1

That's the number of posters enjoying NCAA 10 to those not enjoying the game.

Haters better start making constructive claims with legitimate requests for next year or their cries will fall on deaf ears.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #55
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Well, people that are happy tend to not post threads explaining how happy they are. There isn't really a such thing as constructive compliments.

If an issue is truly broken, it will get analyzed and commented on.

If I post something stupid that really isn't a big deal, it will fade away.

Let the unhappy guys post. Usually the problems are fixable. Then more of us will be happy with the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #56
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

What always gets me is the people complaining about the most trivial details . . . the windsocks don't move, the players shoelaces are the wrong colors, why are there no QB towels, etc. If you really need all that detail then go to a real college football game. It's a game people, it doesn't have to look perfect to real life. I don't care about all those little things. I only care about gameplay and if the uniforms are mostly right. As long as the helmets, jerseys and pants are right, I'm not even going to notice the other little things. My main criticism with EA is that they spend to much time adding in all this extra stuff (RTG, in depth recruiting, season showdown, etc.) and not working on fixing all the gameplay bugs that have been present for years. The game is supposed to be first and formemost about playing college football, but I think that this series (and pretty much every other series) has been getting away from that the past few years. I'm 28 so you could say that I'm an old school gamer and remember the days when we didn't have all that extra stuff and currently can't figure out for the life of me why these younger gamers even want all these extras. I buy NCAA Football with one thing in mind and that is playing my dynasty with Pitt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »