Home

NCAA 2004 Interview up on XIGN - No ripping down the goal posts >:(

This is a discussion on NCAA 2004 Interview up on XIGN - No ripping down the goal posts >:( within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2003, 08:39 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA 2004 Interview up on XIGN - No ripping down the goal posts >:(

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2003, 02:32 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:

Quote:

Oh well...it would be cool but I'm used to the goal posts not coming down as I go to Purdue.

LOL

I feel your pain. As a Houston Cougar this was likely to be a feature I'd never see anyway, so I won't miss it. Besides, it's been so long since the Coogs had a "big win" I doubt if our students would even remember how to tear down a goalpost.

I doubt most of the students know where the stadium is........................is that the thing in the middle of the parking lot on Cullen Blvd.
Our games are hilarious, I go with my dad or by myself and sit alone near the vistiors section and laugh at all our mistakes. I sat next to Carl Lewis at the ECU game, he was nice, we talked for a while. I don't think he thought I knew who he was.
Old 06-15-2003, 04:59 AM   #43
Rookie

bags03's Arena

OVR: 3

I dont need a "tearing down the goalpost" animation in the game anyway...after I pull off an upset, I run around the house yelling in joy...then I realize...I can play ANOTHER game within minutes...

Old 06-15-2003, 02:40 PM   #44
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh well...it would be cool but I'm used to the goal posts not coming down as I go to Purdue.

LOL

I feel your pain. As a Houston Cougar this was likely to be a feature I'd never see anyway, so I won't miss it. Besides, it's been so long since the Coogs had a "big win" I doubt if our students would even remember how to tear down a goalpost.

I doubt most of the students know where the stadium is........................is that the thing in the middle of the parking lot on Cullen Blvd.
Our games are hilarious, I go with my dad or by myself and sit alone near the vistiors section and laugh at all our mistakes. I sat next to Carl Lewis at the ECU game, he was nice, we talked for a while. I don't think he thought I knew who he was.

The ECU game was one of the saddest things I've ever seen on a football field. To have Joffrey Reynolds rush for 300 yds and still manage find a way to lose... . I saw Coach Yeoman and his wife leaving after the game, and he looked like he was going to cry.

God, but I'm glad Dimel is gone.
Old 06-15-2003, 06:07 PM   #45
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

Exactly, that's the same reason that in WSB 2K3 you only get a scene of the batter starting to charge the mound and then it cuts to the new pitcher selection screen. The leagues are afraid it would make them look bad to promote violence and looting in videogames. Sadly, this is one of the great traditions of college football that adds to the atmoshpere and makes college football as a whole a lot more special and passionate than the pro game.

It's not that it gives the game a bad image so much as it promotes something that can be really dangerous. Fans don't belong on the field. A friend of mine got a very serious head injury after a goal post was pulled down and she couldn't get out of the way. Look at what happened with the Miami (OH) coach, Corey Jenkins from SC, or any baseball player who has been attacked. Notice that MLB is smart enough to arrest anyone who comes on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2003, 09:38 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:

It used to be a pretty neat , but now everyone is ripping down the goalposts. Were starting to see games where the favorite win, and people rip down the goalposts. What the heck is up with that?

Yeah, and it's the same way in college basketball now. Seems like everytime you turn around, you watch a game and see the fans storm the court after the win. Granted, they don't usually tear up too much stuff, it's still somewhat dangerous. Kinda like a human version of the Running of the Bulls. Someone's going to get seriously hurt, if not killed, one of these days. Anyone here old enough to remember hearing about that The Who concert in Cincinnati in the late 70's, where like 7 people were trampled to death when they opened the gates to get in?
Old 06-16-2003, 12:23 AM   #47
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

damn. Looks pretty sweet. Too bad they took it out.
Old 06-16-2003, 12:36 AM   #48
We are...

psufan's Arena

OVR: 12

Does anybody think they'll just have people storming the field or is everything gone all together

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »