Home

NCAA 2004 Interview up on XIGN - No ripping down the goal posts >:(

This is a discussion on NCAA 2004 Interview up on XIGN - No ripping down the goal posts >:( within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2003, 12:44 AM   #49
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NCAA 2004 Interview up on XIGN - No ripping down the goal posts >:(

Quote:

Does anybody think they'll just have people storming the field or is everything gone all together

I figure if the NCAA made them remove the goalpost coming down then they probably would frown upon having fans rush the field as well. I bet it's been completely removed but who knows?
Old 06-16-2003, 09:13 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

If the NCAA wants to discourage rowdy behavior, why not let EA include a video where fans storm the field, then get roughed up by campus rent-a-cops! They could turn some German Shepherds loose on them, or like Auburn did, turn the water cannons on the crowd. Better yet, let the player get to decide how to "punish" the fans. (X=mace, O=Rodney King, etc). I'm sure the NCAA would go for that.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:33 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

rent-a-cops

I call them work-study cops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2003, 09:35 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1

Guys, I am stuck here at work and can't get past the firewall, could someone possibly email a copy of the article to:

[email protected]

Thanks a million

Old 06-16-2003, 09:45 AM   #53
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Let me give a quick 2 cents of the goalpost thing. And I did have this talk with Jeff Luhr (briefly) at E3.

I don't think it would be possible to please the masses on this one. Not even factoring in the NCAA's feelings that it could encourage the behavior. But, I don't think they could program the right logic to do this right. Would all home upsets get the posts ripped down? If you're #10 Michigan playing #1 Ohio State at the Big House and you win....should the goalposts come down? Absolutely not! If you're #110 Eastern Michigan and you beat #10 Michigan in Ypsilanti should the posts come down? Sure! But could they get that logic in. The masses would be PO'd if they come down TOO MUCH...and PO'd if they didn't come down enough.

Good idea....

But, I think, all in all, it's good that it is gone! Use that energy and animation time for team specific intros.

BTW - Jeff agreed with me at E3 that pleasing the masses on the posts was going to be VERY HARD.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:49 AM   #54
MVP

Kodiak33's Arena

OVR: 8

Preclose, we watched a video in one of my engineering classes at Purdue the last time they got the goal posts down. I think it was when Michigan played here a few years back. It was beautiful watching them carry that damn thing to the river! I wish we could do that now.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:01 AM   #55
BIG
MVP

OVR: 10

i think instead of working on the ripping down the goalposts thing, i think they should have added more entrances like Clay said or they should have worked on something that made championship and bowl games more special.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2003, 11:02 AM   #56
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

i think instead of working on the ripping down the goalposts thing, i think they should have added more entrances like Clay said or they should have worked on something that made championship and bowl games more special.

Jeff STRONGLY implied that the Team Specific Entrances would be a big focus for 2005.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »