Home

NCAA Football 11 Video Interview (thezoneblitz.com)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video Interview (thezoneblitz.com) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 11:17 PM   #33
Rookie

Lynx34's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 11 Video Interview [thezoneblitz.com]

Yup. My bad. Definitely the Texas cheerleaders. I feel dumb. I was tricked by poor video compression and wishful thinking! Dang...
Old 04-27-2010, 01:20 AM   #34
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: NCAA Football 11 Video Interview (thezoneblitz.com)

Overall it looks good. But is it me are does it look like the game itself looks to lag at times. But other then that it looks good.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:22 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx34
Yup. My bad. Definitely the Texas cheerleaders. I feel dumb. I was tricked by poor video compression and wishful thinking! Dang...
no worries man, that's what I call an aggressive mistake which is never a bad thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 02:39 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 7

Formations subs own. I'm glad that question was asked in detail and answered in detail. Totally opens up the depth chart and dynasty mode in a new way. Love it.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #37
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't see how you guys say that replay looks bad, that looked awesome. That is going to add more intensity and excitement to the game. Showing the fans celebrate after the touchdown really brings emotion to the game, something that has ALWAYS lacked in every football game made. When a TD is scored in real life, everyone goes nuts and there is a lot of excitement. Showing the fans cheer this year, instead of running across the goal line, and running around like a ****ing chicken with it's head cut off to an ambient sorry excuse for a crowd noise playing, will be a much welcomed addition and really add more depth to the game of football. I am LOVING what I am seeing.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:11 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
I don't see how you guys say that replay looks bad, that looked awesome. That is going to add more intensity and excitement to the game. Showing the fans celebrate after the touchdown really brings emotion to the game, something that has ALWAYS lacked in every football game made. When a TD is scored in real life, everyone goes nuts and there is a lot of excitement. Showing the fans cheer this year, instead of running across the goal line, and running around like a ****ing chicken with it's head cut off to an ambient sorry excuse for a crowd noise playing, will be a much welcomed addition and really add more depth to the game of football. I am LOVING what I am seeing.
I agree. I just hope that the fan scene doesn't get to repetative. I was hoping for some other kind of "cutscene" showing the scoring player flip the ball to the ref and see the rest of the team meet him in the endzone to celebrate as well as a scene of the sideline showing the team celebrating with perhaps the coach holding a finger in the air(no, not that one) indicating whether to go for one or two.

Last edited by MaizeHaze; 04-27-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #39
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Trainers, fans, unrealstic ESPN camera angles
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlegendkillax
For someone who loves making custom covers, you sure do love hating on the game lol. Russ said in another interview that they can use camera angles that broadcasts can't use, so thats why some of them seem closer up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
I don't hate the game, just giving my thoughts

Also of course they can, its a video game. However, its unrealistic and pretty stupid looking, especially if they are going for a realistic TV broadcast. Saying that they can use those just sounds lazy, they should focus on doing camera angles ESPN does use.
I gotta agree with Bigdmo, those replays were ugly. Just because EA can use camera angles that normal tv broadcasts can't, doesn't mean it's better. I don't like the way the camera is zoomed in so close, and then the camera cuts away to another zoomed in shot/angle. I did like seeing the cutscene with trainers on field for injured player and the custcenes of the fans. Hopefully, the fans will be wearing team specific costumes (Hawaii fans in Aloha shirts, etc.) Made playing in different stadiums around the country unique.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #40
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Well they already said in one of the interviews that after td's, it will sometimes show fans, sometimes cheerleaders, band, etc. So there should be a nice mixture of celebrations.

That is one thing that I've never understood. We've had football games for over 20 years, yet not one has ever been able to properly capture the most important part of a football, a touchdown. It is what defines football, yet all we've had is someone running in the endzone and then walking around like an idiot while a background song plays. I wanna hear the announcers praising the td, fans screaming, band blaring, cheerleaders flipping, team mates congratulating each other, etc. Give me the emotion!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »