Home

So have all these features been taken out or am I just not seeing them?

This is a discussion on So have all these features been taken out or am I just not seeing them? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 01:14 AM   #1
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6
So have all these features been taken out or am I just not seeing them?

So, I have imposed a self appointed ban from this board for a while. Last year, I thought reading all of the constant nit picking and arguments may have influenced how I felt about the game and I wanted to see if this year I noticed as many flaws if I didn't have several thousand people to point them out to me. I haven't read anything about the game for a month or more and then I just happened to look at demos this week and saw this demo... I was like sweet.

So, I like a lot of what I see and am a bit underwhelmed by some things, but my question is have they removed game plans and having to set up play action this year? I kind of liked those features, but I can't find them in the demo. Am I over looking them or were they stripped?

Also, I read "EA listed the following on their website, indicating no-huddles will work differently this year. "Run the "no-huddle" spread, triple option, wishbone, wild hog, or pistol offenses the same way as your favorite schools. Dictate the tempo of the game when running the spread as you look to the sideline for the plays, or break the huddle and study the defense at the line of scrimmage when operating a traditional, pro-style offense. The game is in your hands." Now, I have noticed cpu schools running systems more like they do in real life which is awesome, but how do you as a user do this? I mean I know you can hit Y to go into hurry up, but you could do that any year. How do you run a no huddle spread in this game?

Thanks for any answers and forgive me if these questions seem naive, again I haven't been around much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 01:25 AM   #2
Rookie

ps2sportgamer's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: So have all these features been taken out or am I just not seeing them?

When you pick a formation, press (square on ps3) and you can set your gameplan...
Old 06-18-2010, 01:26 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
So, I have imposed a self appointed ban from this board for a while. Last year, I thought reading all of the constant nit picking and arguments may have influenced how I felt about the game and I wanted to see if this year I noticed as many flaws if I didn't have several thousand people to point them out to me. I haven't read anything about the game for a month or more and then I just happened to look at demos this week and saw this demo... I was like sweet.

So, I like a lot of what I see and am a bit underwhelmed by some things, but my question is have they removed game plans and having to set up play action this year? I kind of liked those features, but I can't find them in the demo. Am I over looking them or were they stripped?

Also, I read "EA listed the following on their website, indicating no-huddles will work differently this year. "Run the "no-huddle" spread, triple option, wishbone, wild hog, or pistol offenses the same way as your favorite schools. Dictate the tempo of the game when running the spread as you look to the sideline for the plays, or break the huddle and study the defense at the line of scrimmage when operating a traditional, pro-style offense. The game is in your hands." Now, I have noticed cpu schools running systems more like they do in real life which is awesome, but how do you as a user do this? I mean I know you can hit Y to go into hurry up, but you could do that any year. How do you run a no huddle spread in this game?

Thanks for any answers and forgive me if these questions seem naive, again I haven't been around much.

Yes those features are still in. when you bring up the playcall screen press the X button for the xbox360
Old 06-18-2010, 03:00 AM   #4
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Well, if you're talking about "set up the play action" like if you run the ball a lot and then call play action, you've "set up" the defense, then yes that's still in there. It's hard to notice since the demo is so short, but when I played as Miami, I ran the ball a lot and then picked a play action pass out of the Strong I. It had the word "Setup" in the top corner, but it's a lot harder to notice than it was last year.

Anyway, I burned OSU with a 70 yard bomb on that play, so it still works, it's just not as evident as last year, especially in the demo.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:36 AM   #5
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

thanks for the answers guys... now can someone explain to me how the no huddle offense works?

Last edited by Dbrentonbuck; 06-18-2010 at 03:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 07:37 AM   #6
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
thanks for the answers guys... now can someone explain to me how the no huddle offense works?
It's easy... after the play is over you press Y {XBox} or ^ {PS 3}... this "hurries" your offense to the LOS {line of scrimmage}. Unlike most football games from the past, when you go to "No-Huddle" mode now, you will have access to your entire play book to call your next play, as opposed to just five "audibles" like in the past.

This is one of the new features that EA has implemented to try and capture the true essence of college football, and what you see on your TV every Saturday. In one aspect the No-Huddle is nice, particularly having your entire play book to browse while your team lines up...

However... not all college teams that use No-Huddle line up as quickly as the teams in the demo have been doing. The demo has a :45 seconds left, trailing by 4 feel to it, instead of a slower No-Huddle that you typically see on Saturday... {see Mizzou | Oklahoma St.}

Also, as part of the No-Huddle this year we are supposed to see teams skill players look to the sideline on offense when in No-Huddle mode and awaiting the next play at the LOS. I haven't seen this yet, some here have.

Hopefully the retail version has more variations of a No-Huddle, which doesn't always mean Hurry-Up. Would be nice as well to see the opponent look to the sideline for play call, because when you are running it you are so busy looking for your play {play call screen has changed drastically} that you never have a chance to notice this aspect, and this feature... players looking to sideline... is something they have touted big time. Would be a shame if CPU don't do this as well.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:09 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Also, as part of the No-Huddle this year we are supposed to see teams skill players look to the sideline on offense when in No-Huddle mode and awaiting the next play at the LOS. I haven't seen this yet, some here have.
They don't do it when you call your initial play.

In other words, when you press Y and you get to pick the initial play while they are running to the line, they don't look to the sideline because the QB is calling the play.

When you audible out of that initial play, that's when they all look to the sideline.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:14 AM   #8
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

Thanks... what was throwing me off is that every team can do this no matter what kind of offense they are. That some how doesn't make sense to me. There is a difference between a hurry up offense and a no huddle. I was thinking only teams that list their style as "No Huddle" would be able to use this. The way it is set up, there really is no difference between a team who uses this as their primary style of offense and a team that huddles up unless they are short on time and low on time outs. A hurry up is used because the clock is your enemy. A no huddle is used because you believe your team is better conditioned and better trained than the other team and you want to limit how often they can sub in defensive players. You make them risk being caught off sides any time they make a substitution. You believe your team will win the conditioning battle and tire the other team. This is a very complicated offense and your team has to be trained to run it or else there will be a LOT of offensive penalties. I remember the first year Brian Kelly came here to Cincy, it was chaos for the first few games.

I think if you are not a team that normally uses no huddle and you attempt to use it, then you should take longer to get into position, some receivers should run the wrong routes (this happens a lot when a team first learns this offense), and there should be a crap load of penalties. I don't think Ohio State should be able to run a no huddle with the same efficiency as Clemson.

As far as seeing guys looking to the side lines, I have seen this happen once when I was Clemson and Mizzou was running a no huddle. I have never seen my team do it.

So, do you think everyone online will be running no huddle despite what kind of offense they have. I can see a lot of people using Ohio state no huddle with Pryor. What about a GA TECH no huddle triple option?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »