Home

So have all these features been taken out or am I just not seeing them?

This is a discussion on So have all these features been taken out or am I just not seeing them? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: So have all these features been taken out or am I just not seeing them?

What about if you set your tempo to CONSERVATIVE and then ran hurry up? Maybe it'd be a little less frantic?
Old 06-18-2010, 09:37 AM   #10
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
What about if you set your tempo to CONSERVATIVE and then ran hurry up? Maybe it'd be a little less frantic?
Well this works to some extent... you either line up with like 25 seconds left or with like 12 seconds left depending on if you choose conservative or aggressive, but that isn't really an issue for me. For me, the issue is that every team seems to be an expert No Huddle team... like I said you are going to see a lot of No Huddle Triple Option and a bunch of people using Ohio State as a no huddle team and running with Pryor. It just seems there is nothing to differentiate teams who use no huddle as their bread and butter from those who almost never use it.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:39 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Oh yeah, I see what you mean, I think to fix that for NCAA 12 they could make like the team get much more fatigued (which I've read they said would be the case for NCAA 11 but I don't see that in the demo) and have much more penalties for teams who don't actually run it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 09:45 AM   #12
Pro

HokieB's Arena

OVR: 14

Is Icing the Kicker in this year's game?
Old 06-18-2010, 10:25 AM   #13
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
It's easy... after the play is over you press Y {XBox} or ^ {PS 3}... this "hurries" your offense to the LOS {line of scrimmage}. Unlike most football games from the past, when you go to "No-Huddle" mode now, you will have access to your entire play book to call your next play, as opposed to just five "audibles" like in the past.

This is one of the new features that EA has implemented to try and capture the true essence of college football, and what you see on your TV every Saturday. In one aspect the No-Huddle is nice, particularly having your entire play book to browse while your team lines up...

However... not all college teams that use No-Huddle line up as quickly as the teams in the demo have been doing. The demo has a :45 seconds left, trailing by 4 feel to it, instead of a slower No-Huddle that you typically see on Saturday... {see Mizzou | Oklahoma St.}

Also, as part of the No-Huddle this year we are supposed to see teams skill players look to the sideline on offense when in No-Huddle mode and awaiting the next play at the LOS. I haven't seen this yet, some here have.

Hopefully the retail version has more variations of a No-Huddle, which doesn't always mean Hurry-Up. Would be nice as well to see the opponent look to the sideline for play call, because when you are running it you are so busy looking for your play {play call screen has changed drastically} that you never have a chance to notice this aspect, and this feature... players looking to sideline... is something they have touted big time. Would be a shame if CPU don't do this as well.

Good post I agree..there is a distinct difference in running the down by 4 two minutes left no-huddle offense as opposed to the up-tempo no-huddle offense..The most dissapointing thing to me as far as the demo is that it seems as if all the CPU no-huddle offense is sped up and quick snapped which isnt very realistic..I like you have yet to see players look to the sideline CPU or myself...I just hope that it might be implemented correctly in the retail version or at least we get the option to give the cpu a conservative no-huddle offense to at least accelerate the clock..if not we wil have Navy running the no-hudle as cheese in the game..LOL
Old 06-18-2010, 11:02 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Mizzou doesn't run a slow paced no huddle, they rush to the line and try to snap the ball quickly.

― Plato
Old 06-18-2010, 11:42 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 3

Mizzou doesn't, but Oklahoma does... in real-life, I mean. They hurry to the line of scrimmage, and then the coach reads the defense and tells them a play and they get in position to run it.

On the game they don't do that. They hurry up to the line of scrimmage and snap the ball as quickly as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 12:43 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Thats a problem with every team in the game. Be it Oklahoma or Ohio State. As soon as the offense is set the CPU will snap the ball. This is something that should be fixed by now and would really help differentiate each team. We wouldn't see Mizzou and Oklahoma running the same type of spread if this was fixed by now.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »