Home

NCAA Tuner Sets and Game Speed Level being added

This is a discussion on NCAA Tuner Sets and Game Speed Level being added within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2010, 06:09 AM   #25
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: NCAA Tuner Sets and Game Speed Level being added

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
I also hope it's true but I cannot find a single source to confirm tuner sets--other than your original post.

If anyone has a source please post it here.
The community day guys have confirmed that it's true as well. There should be a blog soon.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...ull=1#post5200
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2010, 09:17 AM   #26
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
It gave slider guys all sorts of headaches though. They had to really rework the sliders after each new tuner set was released. I don't envy you
Aren't we ALL slider guys? I put a lot of work into customizing my own sliders -- I don't want to have to re-balance them every time a tuner set is released.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:26 AM   #27
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Are these tuner sets available to us the gameplayer or are they only available on EA's end? I would rather have a ton of tuner sets than those same sliders we have seen for years on end.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:07 AM   #28
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

This little "throwaway" feature, that most people aren't even going to know about, has the potential to be the most important thing they've added this year, IMO.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:07 AM   #29
Pro

HokieB's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
Aren't we ALL slider guys? I put a lot of work into customizing my own sliders -- I don't want to have to re-balance them every time a tuner set is released.
Not me... I let others do all the work

One good thing about tuner sets on NHL 10 was that you have the ability to choose which tuner set you want to use.

I think NHL released 4 tuner sets in all. But after all was said and done, a lot of guys thought that Tuner Set 2, with the right combination of slider tweaks, was the way to go. So they could simply select Tuner Set 2 in the Options screen.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:27 AM   #30
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Just curious to those who played NHL 10 how much effect did the Game Play Tuner sets have on NHL 10?

Also with the addition of the new game speed levels I think EA just opend up two options to more realism on the field.

I think the game speed level on slow will really help with animations and also solve a lot of problems with player speed and seperation during actual gameplay. I thought it was a great addition to Madden 10

I'm not familiar with the Game play Tuner sets....but imagine if it truly does go beyond sliders then we can quite possibly have the best NCAA game play since NCAA 06

Does anyone know what game play problems can this Game Tuner fix

Player Pursuit
Accuarcy of FG Kickers
The speed of Passes
QB abilty to operate option plays/make the QB run more if under pressure

I'm guessing if these two new additions work then we no longer need sliders is that correct?
Aww man, I don't wanna start with this slow speed stuff in NCAA. Slow speed ruined Madden 10 for a lot of people, myself included.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:48 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
hawkeykid,

so i can create sliders and then when a tuner set is released i don't have to switch sliders they instantly kinda work hand in hand with the sliders making them more effective or what?

I loved Madden 10 until they kept releasing patch after patch then i completely stopped playing

The patches kept screwing up the sliders
When you go into the settings and start adjusting sliders, there will be a new option under "gameplay level" called "tuner version". You will be able to pick which version you want.

So, let's say you think pass deflections need to be boosted. You raise the sliders from 5 out of 10 to 10 out of 10 and the game is playing decent. Ea then releases a tuner that says it is increasing the way defenders play the ball. You could choose to use that tuner with your sliders or keep your sliders without the tuner. If you had a perfect slider set before tuners, you might choose to not use it.

So, I started a Be a Pro with a certain set of really good sliders. They came out with tuners, but I thought my gameplay was really good in the games I was playing so I chose to not use the latest tuner version.

Outside of that Be a Pro franchise, I use the latest tuner version with different sliders.
The New York Yankees
The Chicago Cubs
The Chicago Bulls
Machester United FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2010, 10:51 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 13

And honestly Playmakers, you're going to love the tuners.

I've used your sliders for NCAA for as long as I can remember and I think with your attention to detail, these tuners are going to make your sliders even better.
The New York Yankees
The Chicago Cubs
The Chicago Bulls
Machester United FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »