Home

What's the difference between EA's player ratings and your own player ratings?

This is a discussion on What's the difference between EA's player ratings and your own player ratings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2010, 03:23 PM   #65
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: What's the difference between EA's player ratings and your own player ratings?

@playmaker I agree with everything you said I loved your alumni rosters even though it took forever inputting them on ps3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 03:25 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: What's the difference between EA's player ratings and your own player ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlplayboy23
@playmaker I agree with everything you said I loved your alumni rosters even though it took forever inputting them on ps3
LOL

Man if i had some help i could release a file with like 100 Alumni teams one for every single school just about.....

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-26-2010, 03:28 PM   #67
Rookie

dsmith710's Arena

OVR: 1

How do you know what a low rating is for certain attributes? For example, if you have a small back who is mainly about speed obviously his break tackle, trucking, and stiff arm would be low, but what is low enough? 60's? 50's? Some speed guys have break tackle in the high 70's low 80's. Isn't that a little high?
Old 06-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I think between Maryland and MattUMD224 you can't go wrong with either roster set this year....they both have great formulas overall.

The only problem is depending on which system your on you might not be able to get their rosters.....LOL
Well we actually are working on them together haha. Were roommates, we have another person joining in on it to but membership was banned, i guess we had too many people under the same IP. We have came up with all the formulas and research together in our ratings.

I do most of the research and ratings making while they do the inputting of the numbers and equipment updates. I have lots of free time at work to do this. Tech job that has lots of downtime.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:39 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith710
How do you know what a low rating is for certain attributes? For example, if you have a small back who is mainly about speed obviously his break tackle, trucking, and stiff arm would be low, but what is low enough? 60's? 50's? Some speed guys have break tackle in the high 70's low 80's. Isn't that a little high?
Over the years i have compaired the broken tackle ratings to Madden and older NCAA games

The smaller players usually were in the 60's for RB's

Like Warric Dunn for example he's never been over 70 in Madden and his strength rating has always been low

IN NCAA the game will let you know if you've created a speed back power back or balanced RB

Usually when you raise a players strength up too high and his break tackles ratings....if he has very good speed he will no loger be considered a speed back anymore even though he's only 6'0 190

Small WR's should be about 40-50 for broken tackles

Small RB's between 60-70

Mobile Option type QB's can be treated like RB's and depending on their size for example a smaller option QB woul dbe between 60-70 and big option Qb or someone along the lines of McNabb is in the 70's.....

The only exceptions I've ever made have been for Tommy Frazier and few others which i give like an 80-85 but they are very rare.

But it's mostly common sense a WR at 5'11 175 lb's shouldn't be rated 80 in strength and 80 broken tackles which is very common in NCAA throughout the rosters if you observe them....

That type of player should be avoiding tackles with his elusiveness and agility not power and strength to break tackles.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 06-26-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:54 PM   #70
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
How long have you been a Rutgers fan peteykirch?

I'm actually hoping to get them added to my Alumni rosters this year and put together an All-Time Rutgers team which has probably never been done before in NCAA Football

I found this list of former great players so far for Rutgers
http://www.scarletknights.com/football/history/aa.asp

If you have any other names of quality players let me know....I know Ray Lucas and Mike McMahon will be their top QB's as of now
I agree with the QBs, but if you make a third Mike Teel should get that honor.

RBs should be Ray Rice, JJ Jennings, Terrel Willis.

I'd be interested to see how Paul Robeson would translate into a game.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #71
Rookie

dsmith710's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks Playmakers, you have me convinced that it will show up on the field during gameplay if the ratings of players are tweaked properly. I am looking through the TeamBuilder ratings noticing these things. A lot of the ratings are way too high and like you said it will show up when you play and will make the game a lot better if the ratings are the way they should be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 05:08 PM   #72
Banned

1GATORFAN4EVA's Arena

OVR: 4

I still don't see how you would have John Brantley at a 84? Sure the guy has never started but incoming freshman would be rated better than that, Surely playing behind a Star Qb an some junk playing time would make him better than a freshman..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »