Home

Uniform Updates 3.0

This is a discussion on Uniform Updates 3.0 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #65
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Uniform Updates 3.0

Quote:
Nebraska - Unis celebrating 300 sellouts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
That did make the 2011 game?
Sorry to quote myself here everyone, I do apologize.

Is this a case of they won't be added because it was worn only once, or did they make the game?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 01:30 PM   #66
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx34
Thanks Adam! I was hopeful that that was the case, but when it's right there in front of you it's hard to be sure. But now I can be, so thank you, that's very helpful. Also, if you read this, I want to know if you saw some changes Auburn has made art-wise that didn't make the game. They tested out having a bigger logo on the helmet and a bigger logo on the field for the spring game. It's alright that these things didn't make it for NCAA11 because they're still in a test phase right now, but I wanted to know if the art department as aware of this in case it sticks. One last thing that I apologize isn't a uniform issue, but I don't want to make a thread just for it... last year Auburn switched to an orange field logo with blue border and it seems that didn't make the game. Small detail I know, but that's what make these update threads worthwhile.
Shoot me a PM after the season starts if they decide to change.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:39 PM   #67
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

I appreciate pointing out mistakes in the uniforms we made, but please do not pile on the artists. The fact is NCAA 11 has 893 team uniform parts (helmets, jerseys, and pants), so an incorrect facemask means they were only 99.8% accurate. That is a LOT of attention to detail.

For BYU's facemask, I can see why it would be made black...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbCAQJ6GSK.jpg (225.3 KB, 518 views)
Old 07-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #68
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

I also checked in game and the BYU facemasks are the same color as their helmet logo. BYU's blue is so dark, that it looks exactly the same color as the facemask.

If they are different colors, the only way you could tell is by zooming in really close. However, you can't zoom in that close because the depth of field effect will blur everything out so it is completely unnoticable.

Last edited by OMT; 07-01-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:47 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3

Adam,

Did the Arkansas athletic department just not send you guys any information on the new unis? That's weird as they unveiled the home jerseys on May 25th. To me they look like they're based on the UCONN jerseys. http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/Vi...CLID=204951020

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #70
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobbowles
Adam,

Did the Arkansas athletic department just not send you guys any information on the new unis? That's weird as they unveiled the home jerseys on May 25th. To me they look like they're based on the UCONN jerseys. http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/Vi...CLID=204951020

Thanks!
Right, we didn't get advanced designs on them. May 25th was well past our art deadline
Old 07-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #71
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

I get a lot of value out of this thread every year, but it becomes very long by the time football season is over. Please stay on topic of team uniforms.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 9
Wow Adam Thompson, thank you! I'm impressed to see you on here taking in our feedback!

My only feedback to give you would be regarding BYU and boise state.

BYU's facemasks are blue in real life but black in the game, and boise state's facemasks are grey in real life but white in the game.

Thanks so much for participating in the forum!

Sidenote: are BYU's bright blue throwbacks in the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »