Home

Gamestop : Buy without Preorder

This is a discussion on Gamestop : Buy without Preorder within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2010, 09:32 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Gamestop : Buy without Preorder

Yeah but I lived in Austin, TX at the time and that's a huge college town. You'd have thought they'd have gotten a TON of copies extra.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:39 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 13

Off-topic slightly, but I just purchased online from Best Buy, and am picking it up at my local store later today. Every Best Buy in Chicago had copies.

So, if there's a BBY near you, try them too. . . .
Old 07-13-2010, 09:54 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

You should just to BestBuy anyways, if you buy it there and are a gamers club member you can get 500 points which equals $10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 09:59 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 2

best buy and walmart is too far from my house.. Gamestop live too close to my house like take 10 minutes drive
Old 07-13-2010, 10:23 AM   #13
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4

I've been to Gamestop to get a game on release day a couple of time within the last year of some games and they had sold out. Be sure to get there early as possible. I went after work around 6 PM and was not able to get the game (Arkham Asylum and Red Dead). Luckily I have three Gamestops all within five minutes of my house and went to another one and was able to get the last copy of both haha
Old 07-13-2010, 10:37 AM   #14
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylife2010
does Gamestop let me buy it without Preorder today ?
Yes as long as they have extra copies beyond the preorders, typically a store receives 1.5 copies of a game for every preorder...so if they get 100 preorders they should theoretically have 150 copies.

Of course the extra copies thing is something they usually tell you to scare you into the preorder. When I used to worked for them we were under orders from our district manager to sell to anyone as long as we had copies on the shelf.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:44 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 2

hey KSUowls******** type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2041310482", true); , do u think NCAA FOOTBALL 11 gonna run out of stock ? i don't think so because this game is not big day sale not like Red Dead Redemption, Madden, Modern Warfare and Resident Evil 5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 4

I've never understood the "money down to reserve a copy" of a game. Like most here, I've never had trouble getting a game on release day...not once and I buy about 8-12 games a year, most of which are the major releases (COD, Madden, ect.).

The sales pitch at Gamestop is even more baffling because there is no bonus to reserving a copy or buying a game there (they used to let you return games that were opened for a full refund but no longer)...no discount..nothing...at Best Buy you at least get gets "points" with your purchases that go to later discounts...Matter of fact, if Gamestop keeps hammering me with that sales pitch I'm gonna quit going there..it's getting old.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »