Home

Punt Return

This is a discussion on Punt Return within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2010, 01:50 PM   #17
Rookie

FSU Spear 'Em's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Punt Return

I got one with FSU at. Oklahoma last night in my "dynasty" before my roster dynasty last night. Kickoff return for 98 yards and a punt return for 47.

AA Difficulty
Default sliders
Normal Speed
Old 07-14-2010, 01:57 PM   #18
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPevy
I really wish on kickoff returns their was not set up play left, center, or right. I wish that wherever you caught the ball your blockers would set up in front of you.
It'd make more sense if the left, center, or right referred to where you intended to run the ball rather than where you think your going to catch the ball. Then the blocking would be more coordinated to that goal. The blockers or wedge for kickoff returns should always backtrack toward where the ball is heading, setup and start blocking to try to create a seam based on which direction the return was called.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #19
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14straight
Haha, it seems like the CPU coverage is incredible on kick returns and punt returns. On a few kick returns in my last game, one guy came blazing out of nowhere to stop an advance to the sideline (which happened to be my best return). Now, it's a different story with USER coverage. The AI has gotten 1 or two decent returns (10-15 yards) but the opportunity for more is there. It is not there for the user. The entire coverage moves as one. Swarming and lightning fast.

When I played a user v user game, Alabama's kick coverage stuffed me. I didn't have a chance of getting past the 18.
Exactly, I catch the ball take two steps and get swarmed. When I put, I sky that thing and run Max Cover and I still can't get to the com.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #20
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Anything is better than NCAA 08 (I think) where it just took one wiggle and the defense wouldn't touch you.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:48 PM   #21
Rookie

RazorFang's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14straight
Does anyone else find that it is near impossible to return a punt? It feels like NCAA 06 (I think that was the game) where it was so difficult to return punts.

It's like the coverage blows by everybody you have at light speed and swarms you. This wouldn't be a problem if it didn't seem like I was being overmatched by a bunch of code. Maybe I've just had crappy returners so far.
I ran a left return for a touchdown of 56 yards on AA difficulty w/Mohamed Sanu of Rutgers.

Sorry, I do not have video evidence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 05:10 PM   #22
Banned

Alkalinesolo022's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah I haven't had much success returning punts either...but both of my online opponents so far liked to go for it on 4th down so I haven't really had many opportunities.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »