Home

Why do we have to wait 20 minutes...

This is a discussion on Why do we have to wait 20 minutes... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #17
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why do we have to wait 20 minutes...

I had (what I considered to be) an awesome plan to create this alternate NCAA universe by sabotaging many of the top programs in the NCAA and simulate somewhere between 5-7 years taking control of 12 programs at a time and toggling their auto recruiting off so that they are forced to accept walkons. What I was hoping to see was a lot of mid-level and dirt terrible teams actually end up progressing into better programs in this simulation period where the top teams year in and year out would start looking quite different than the current landscape.

With a 60 year dynasty mode in this year, simulating those years would have been no problem. However, without the option to convert at *least* an offline dynasty to online, this has been scrapped. I can understand their reasoning for not allowing you to convert an online one to off, which allowed people to cheat by getting ahead. However, I don't see any reasoning for not being able to take your offline dynasty online so that I could either use Dynasty Wire if I kept it solo, or opened it up as an "alternate universe" Online Dynasty.

I don't really feel like roster editing to get what I want.

Definitely love the game, but sad to see the conversion process for normally offline players or non-cheaters removed and the progression taking so long for online.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

This really made me and my buddy mad last night. We started an online dynasty together. After the end of the bowl weeks it got really ridiculous... There was one week where there was literally nothing to do but advance the week (20 mins), then there was the players leaving (which takes like 5 min to do at the most), then there was transfers which was a waste for us too because neither of us had anyone trying to transfer to our schools... so it was about 55 minutes of wasted time out of an hour... very very frustrating.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

You guys are making me want to hold off on doing one...
Old 07-18-2010, 01:50 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 8

Unix boxes for the lose...

Mainframe could handle the load!!!!

though it would cost EA more than they would make on the game... oh well.

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Old 07-18-2010, 07:49 PM   #21
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUGrad

I would. It's not worth the aggravation. I just stopped at the player transfers phase because it was just ridiculous.

I started an offline dynasty today and am MUCH happier. I just use a blog to keep track of events instead of dynasty wire.

IF they get rid of the wait time I'll try online again. It's ridiculous that we have to shell out 60 bucks and then buy DLCs and THEN have to wait for the game to be fully functional because EA won't buy the necessary hardware to make it work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #22
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUGrad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
I would. It's not worth the aggravation. I just stopped at the player transfers phase because it was just ridiculous.

I started an offline dynasty today and am MUCH happier. I just use a blog to keep track of events instead of dynasty wire.

IF they get rid of the wait time I'll try online again.
I agree with mavfan. After wasting 3 hours last night I started an offline dynasty. I love how EA wants more $ for additional online dynasties. I cannot imagine paying extra to have even more waiting time.

It's insane that EA didn't think to combine players leaving and transfers into the same week and redshirts and depth charts into the same week. At least that would have saved 40 minutes.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:46 AM   #23
Rookie

LHaze30's Arena

OVR: 7

Yes, the offseason is ridiculous. Why can't they patch everything after recruiting in the offseason to allow it to be completed all at once. It is ridiculous how long it takes. It is going to cause alot of people not to play online unless it is fixed soon. I can picture them saying next year that they tracked the online feature and not enough people played it like Madden last year. Then they will decide not to improve anything online. The cause is the glitches with it not the fact that people don't want to play it. Come on EA, fix the offseason!!!
Old 07-19-2010, 08:52 AM   #24
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaze30
Yes, the offseason is ridiculous. Why can't they patch everything after recruiting in the offseason to allow it to be completed all at once. It is ridiculous how long it takes. It is going to cause alot of people not to play online unless it is fixed soon. I can picture them saying next year that they tracked the online feature and not enough people played it like Madden last year. Then they will decide not to improve anything online. The cause is the glitches with it not the fact that people don't want to play it. Come on EA, fix the offseason!!!
Yeah I love how they did that to Madden... they didn't make any real changes to a pretty lack luster dynasty since 2006 and then they said "No one is using the feature so we aren't going to improve it" Yeah, no one is using it because you won't fix it, but you won't fix it because no one is using it LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »