Home

Pass rush is broken in this game and needs to be patched

This is a discussion on Pass rush is broken in this game and needs to be patched within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2010, 02:17 AM   #17
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Pass rush is broken in this game and needs to be patched

I dont know what TC is talking about. I find the pass rush with 4 to still be very lacking. QB's wont have all day, but they'll get a consistent 6+ seconds. Blitzes actually work much better than they used to though.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:08 PM   #18
Rookie

Rangerneb's Arena

OVR: 2

You have to be creative. If your relying on just rushing the front 4 you are doomed if you play someone savvy. Mix up your blitzes, create angles and rush. Its not that hard. Learn to be creative. Create a scheme. Do it. Do it.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:15 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 9

This is the first football game in years, for me, that has the right about of D-Line pressure. You can actually get sacks with D-Lineman on All American, and for me, that's all I want. I don't mind increased pressure... means you have to recruit a better line, rather than just throwing any old joe schmoe out there and having him block for you.

A lot of it is play selection too... mix in runs and draws, use all sorts of passes... don't do play action in stupid situations (ie, 3rd and 6+)... Know when the heat is coming. 3rd and long? You're gonna get blitz. Run a couple draws, they actually work this year, and maybe you won't get the first down the first time or the second time, but you might the 3rd time and then you'll have your passing game open on those 3rd downs late in the game.

I actually feel like this is the first time that there's been the right amount of time in the pocket.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:23 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 9

The pressure its fine. Its because the computer always blitz's almost 2 extra guys in addition to the linemen. If you are in a three step drop, or they are in a 4-3 blitzing 2 extras w/ everyone in man, there is no one clearly open and one guy getting through unblocked, leading to extremely quick pressure.

One thing I have found helpful is to run alot, because they don't tend to blitz as much, giving you a little extra time in the pocket. In my dynasty, I have thrown for 3800 yards and almost if not 30 TDS with 12 INTs. And its not like its reliance on the slot, my #1 and #2 receivers have roughly 2000 yards and 18 TDs between each other on Heisman.

This game actually requires strategy, meaning don't just sit back trying to pass over and over, or the CPU will blitz the crap out of you.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:15 PM   #21
Rookie

03MstGT290's Arena

OVR: 7

I was able to get 2 sacks against Frenso State. I was Cincinnati.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 09:51 PM   #22
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

I'll agree with the OP. For me, this problem arises on Heisman default. My d-line can't get any pressure on the CPU QB, but I have absolutely no time to throw the ball, especially if I run play action. I have been working on correcting it with sliders. Right now, I have human pass rush set to 100 (yes, 100; yes, that is quite sad). I thought surely that would be enough. But no, after several games, I realized I still could get no pass rush. I then turned down the CPU pass block. I kept going down until I have reached 25. At this point, I feel like I have come to an accurate setting. My team had 2 sacks in the last game I played and put some decent pressure on the QB. I do not control the d-line, by the way. I always control a linebacker, so I feel my computer controlled d-line should be reflective of their talent (overall rating). I think with this slider setting I have nearly achieved it.

As far as my ability to avoid the pass rush, I have tweaked the sliders as well. I turned the CPU pass rush down to 45 and turned my pass block up to 55. I have still been sacked and still felt a good amount of pressure, however, I do not feel like I can't even take a snap without getting killed. These are just personal preferences, but I feel they are realistic.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:54 PM   #23
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Another "broken" thread. I swear I must have gotten a different version than some people.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-20-2010, 09:54 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 34

Sometimes I read this stuff, and wonder, what game you all are playing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »