Home

Have you started your Dynasty or are you holding out for a progression fix?

This is a discussion on Have you started your Dynasty or are you holding out for a progression fix? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2010, 11:51 AM   #89
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Have you started your Dynasty or are you holding out for a progression fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
It is..........
Look, you're obviously satisfied with whats already in the game, but a lot of us aren't. I wanted to do a rebuilding project this year, but whats the point when every year my team gets worse no matter what? You shouldn't have work around these problems just to be able to play dynasty, with any sort of consistency.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #90
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Look, you're obviously satisfied with whats already in the game, but a lot of us aren't. I wanted to do a rebuilding project this year, but whats the point when every year my team gets worse no matter what? You shouldn't have work around these problems just to be able to play dynasty, with any sort of consistency.
NOT saying you should. And certainly didn't say I was satisfied. I just know it's a GAME.
Saying the game is playable??? Come on....
It isn't perfect as no game EVER will be. Hopefully tuning file can help to make it better.

Just wondering if anyone actually ever plays a game to play a game anymore.
Every year it's the Salem Witch hunt all over with a contest on who can complain the most instead of just having fun.

I understand there's issues. Whether they get fixed or not is one thing out of our control. Whether we just decide to have fun or not IS in our control. I decide to have fun and see what happens.

Hopefully it gets better and I'll leave you gents to yourselves. No harm meant.... Hopefully we all get a tune fix..

Peace.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 07-22-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #91
MVP

dan_457's Arena

Quote:
NOT saying you should. And certainly didn't say I was satisfied. I just know it's a GAME.
Saying the game is playable??? Come on....
It isn't perfect as no game EVER will be. Hopefully tuning file can help to make it better.

Just wondering if anyone actually ever plays a game to play a game anymore.
Every year it's the Salem Witch hunt all over with a contest on who can complain the most instead of just having fun.
The no game is perfect argument is irrelevant here. No game will be perfect I suppose, but hell you'd think by this point they'd have something like this down pretty well.

It's hard for me to enjoy the game when routine aspects of the game i.e the kicking game, is completely destroyed a few years in, due to all the terrible kickers. It's things like this that drive me crazy, how do they over look things like this? It's like they don't even test their own product.

I know to you it might seem like my standards are to high, but I'd also argue yours are too low.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #92
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
The no game is perfect argument is irrelevant here. No game will be perfect I suppose, but hell you'd think by this point they'd have something like this down pretty well.

It's hard for me to enjoy the game when routine aspects of the game i.e the kicking game, is completely destroyed a few years in, due to all the terrible kickers. It's things like this that drive me crazy, how do they over look things like this? It's like they don't even test their own product.

I know to you it might seem like my standards are to high, but I'd also argue yours are too low.

This ^^^

There are far more problems being discovered now than lets say a few days ago.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #93
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:

If you can't enjoy NCAA 11 then I have no idea what you'd enjoy out of any video game.
Has nothing to do with standards lol... You don't want any more than I do out of the games. Maybe coming from Intellivision/Atari Football to now has me appreciate the games more(Where they came from etc..) for what they are.
To each their own...

Again I'm not saying it doesn't need tuned...... Just saying there IS fun to be had and it's not huge ordeal.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 07-22-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:33 PM   #94
MVP

dan_457's Arena

Quote:
If you can't enjoy NCAA 11 then I have no idea what you'd enjoy out of any video game.
Has nothing to do with standards lol... You don't want any more than I do out of the games. Maybe coming from Intellivision/Atari Football to now has me appreciate the games more(Where they came from etc..) for what they are.
To each their own...
It's not that I don't enjoy the game, The first season of my dynasty was the best I've ever had, but after that, all the negative aspects really started jump out at me. The fact is that they've been making football games for how many years now? These nagging issues should have been weeded out long ago. I love college football, and the NCAA franchise, it's the game i play the most each year, but right now i can easily say that I have many games that are more enjoyable, just better developed games. I don't want to be frustrated when playing a game, but I continuously am, by all these little things somehow that get overlooked.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #95
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
It's not that I don't enjoy the game, The first season of my dynasty was the best I've ever had, but after that, all the negative aspects really started jump out at me. The fact is that they've been making football games for how many years now? These nagging issues should have been weeded out long ago. I love college football, and the NCAA franchise, it's the game i play the most each year, but right now i can easily say that I have many games that are more enjoyable, just better developed games. I don't want to be frustrated when playing a game, but I continuously am, by all these little things somehow that get overlooked.
It's not just FB games. I still buy FPS and think "how is the aiming system this screwed up?"
And yeah there are more enjoyable games but not NCAA Football ones
So I look past it and hope they tune it better while I still play.

And to your point... And I know I'm in the minority but there are other who agree.... Why are we still using the same passing mechanic for 15 years?

There's been seperate threads about this beef of mine.. lol

In any case until we get the Holy Grail (Or closer to it) of FB games... I'll just enjoy what I got..

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #96
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I have guys improve by 5 points, most by 3, and some by only 1 or two.

I don't necessarily agree that the better teams should be able to progress players better than lesser teams, but if I have a few guys improving by 4 or 5, that's pretty decent by the time they are seniors.

Why not incorporate the recruiting/training/discipline percentage sliders that are on PS2? I loved those.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »