Home

Have you started your Dynasty or are you holding out for a progression fix?

This is a discussion on Have you started your Dynasty or are you holding out for a progression fix? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 04:48 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Have you started your Dynasty or are you holding out for a progression fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
When I was achievement hunting in a dynasty with Alabama, numerous players on their team got +6 maybe some +7 to their overall. Some of them may have got more but were capped at 99 overall.

+7 over 5 training sessions would mean that, potentially, a 64 overall freshmen could be 99 overall by the time he's a redshirt senior.

Now, granted, I know that for the most part we aren't seeing these kind of training results, and I don't know if the training is tied to coach experience/prestige or maybe athletic facilities or just your W/L record, or if maybe there's a hidden potential rating, and EA overrated all the Bama players on that too, or if maybe it's just a random thing, but regardless, I believe the potential is there for a 64 overall to become 99 overall by the time he's a senior, and if that's the case, is there really that big of an issue?
that's one issue people need to get straight on... no player will ever progress 5 times. 4 times is the most possible, even if you redshirt them. They don't get training before their freshman year. Think about it... if you redshirt them freshmen year, the training occurs in between each of these seasons...

1. Freshman -> RS Freshman
2. RS Freshman -> RS Sophomore
3. RS Sophomore -> RS Junior
4. RS Junior -> RS Senior

So 4 times is the most possible a player can improve. And I haven't even seen a player progress by 7, so having them progress 7 points each time is very, very unlikely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoqball
that's one issue people need to get straight on... no player will ever progress 5 times. 4 times is the most possible, even if you redshirt them. They don't get training before their freshman year. Think about it... if you redshirt them freshmen year, the training occurs in between each of these seasons...

1. Freshman -> RS Freshman
2. RS Freshman -> RS Sophomore
3. RS Sophomore -> RS Junior
4. RS Junior -> RS Senior

So 4 times is the most possible a player can improve. And I haven't even seen a player progress by 7, so having them progress 7 points each time is very, very unlikely.
There needs to be an extra medical redshirt so guys can be on a team 6 years like that basketball player for IOWA.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:59 PM   #67
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fntsyfbgod
I assume when you say your MLB is 55 you mean awareness? And you Dont have DB in the 70s I assume that also mean awareness?
Actually i was mistaken, my highest MLB awr is 48, and my highest DB awr is a 63. It's really obvious too. They have some talent, but always seem to stand around like they have no idea whats going on.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-21-2010, 06:31 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Actually i was mistaken, my highest MLB awr is 48, and my highest DB awr is a 63. It's really obvious too. They have some talent, but always seem to stand around like they have no idea whats going on.
preach! I have a 2017 USC team full of studs who are all just plain dumb. So many ratings are crippled to make this scaled back ratings system and it hurts the game. All these guys saying that it doesn't haven't simmed and seen what happens to the game years down the line. in 2017 VT's best player is a 71 rated punter...
Old 07-21-2010, 07:02 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
preach! I have a 2017 USC team full of studs who are all just plain dumb. So many ratings are crippled to make this scaled back ratings system and it hurts the game. All these guys saying that it doesn't haven't simmed and seen what happens to the game years down the line. in 2017 VT's best player is a 71 rated punter...
College players are not supposed to have high awareness. and who is to say that a team cant lose its thunder.

It doesnt hurt the actual gameplay at all. Check on some sliders.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:03 PM   #70
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
If there is some "Hidden" potential rating, like they claimed there was supposed to be, then make it unhidden! We should be able to discover their potential when we are recruiting. That could be tied in to coaching experience or something. I'm not saying we should get their rating, but something to the effect of "this guy is raw now, but with good coaching, could really be a great player," or "this guy plays at a small school so isn't receiving much attention, but he is a dynamic player." This is how it happens all the time. It's be nice to see. But regardless, we should have the ability to view a potential rating.
NO. Horrible idea. Then you have 75% of people complaining that their QB can never be an 85 overall even though he threw 4000 yards or whatever. You never know how good a player is or what his true potential is, especially what a high school player's potential is, and it should be hidden.

On a bit of a side note, I think experience should play a bigger difference than it does. I think recruits should come in at extremely low awareness ratings (like they do), but it should increase a lot with experience. That's the reason a lot of coaches don't ever play underclassmen. I haven't played enough to see if this is the case, but I doubt it.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:10 PM   #71
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
College players are not supposed to have high awareness. and who is to say that a team cant lose its thunder.

It doesnt hurt the actual gameplay at all. Check on some sliders.
Have you played a whole season 4 or 5 years down the road?

College players might not have high awareness but here's the thing, you can tell this game is built to work best with higher player ratings, they wanted to stretch the ratings, but i honestly don't think they even thought about it affecting the gameplay. The game just works better with higher ratings, I'll say it once again though, this is from my personal experiences. The game was great the first season, but you can really issues come out of the woodwork a few years down the road.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Have you played a whole season 4 or 5 years down the road?

College players might not have high awareness but here's the thing, you can tell this game is built to work best with higher player ratings, they wanted to stretch the ratings, but i honestly don't think they even thought about it affecting the gameplay. The game just works better with higher ratings, I'll say it once again though, this is from my personal experiences. The game was great the first season, but you can really issues come out of the woodwork a few years down the road.
Im in year seven or 8 of my dynasty and i have seen some teams get better and some get worse. Teams that have top 10 classes are constantly on top and others fight for the scraps. In playing the games i have seen no real difference that isnt attributed to my sliders. Find some good sliders and have fun i think most of you are really overthinking this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »