Home

Recruiting Strategy Guide

This is a discussion on Recruiting Strategy Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 02:09 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Recruiting Strategy Guide

One issue with the guide, which is great...

Offering Scholarships - I offer everyone a scholarship the first week of the season and I still get instant commits later on. I figure the points boost to start really helps, and I continue to get instant commits later just by calling the prospect (and it saves me minutes). Does anyone have a tangible reason that saving a scholarship offer helps?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 02:28 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambrodia
One issue with the guide, which is great...

Offering Scholarships - I offer everyone a scholarship the first week of the season and I still get instant commits later on. I figure the points boost to start really helps, and I continue to get instant commits later just by calling the prospect (and it saves me minutes). Does anyone have a tangible reason that saving a scholarship offer helps?

I agree, I am not sure what to think on this one. I think as others have stated, you have a HIGHER % to get instant commit if you are 1st on their board, than if you are not. So the theory is, try to get first on their board before offering. If you cant climb that high without it, then by all means offer, but at least give it a week or two before you do offer so that the ones that you are 2, 3, or 4 on their list. Maybe you can get to be #1 and then offer. But you also run the risk or getting jumped if you dont offer.

But like you i have always offered ALL recruits before the season. This is something i am still trying to understand. It seems that the reward isnt always worth the risk.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #83
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

for all the people who have been throught a season or two. How many new recruits are you seeing show up during the 5 week offseason ?
Old 07-27-2010, 04:29 PM   #84
Rookie

foreverhorn's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
for all the people who have been throught a season or two. How many new recruits are you seeing show up during the 5 week offseason ?
I've just finished up on my 5yr dynasty and as far as the new recruits go...it's about the same as last year. I've got my strategy down and have gotten the top class every year on all-american slider difficulty. Of course I run with Texas, so that's not that hard to do...I will say that the last class that I signed was pretty salty...13 5*s and 9 4*s and 1 3*(a punter that I needed). This class was an anomoly compared to my previous 4 classes, but it was pretty cool to get pretty much anybody I targeted. Most of my classes were around 14-18 total and this class ended up with 23! 5 guys committed on the spot, which helped a lot.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:38 PM   #85
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

The original post advocates avoiding using the comparison pitch during the X2 week, but I've learned that it can actually be the most devastating time to use it.

I used comparison on all six topics during a X2 week, and since I was two grades higher than the school I was pitching against, I caused them to lose double the points they would normally had lost during a comparison. I gained about 750 points and they lost about 500.

I got an Achievement called "Point the Finger"

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 06:20 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was wondering if anyone knew what it meant when you see an unlocked lock by the players picture during a phone call. Thanks and great work on the strategy guide.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:46 PM   #87
Rookie

Tonka's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjasinski
I was wondering if anyone knew what it meant when you see an unlocked lock by the players picture during a phone call. Thanks and great work on the strategy guide.
It means that certain pitches were randomly unlocked so you can see the recruits interest level without having to ask.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 1

This guide is great, and has been a huge help for me, but what about players that have soft committed to you? I have a large lead on my opponents for a bunch of players and about of them are soft committed to me. Should I be pumping a ton of time into them to maintain that lead and hope for a hard commit or should I just carefully monitor my lead by doing a few topics each week?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »