Home

Recruiting Strategy Guide

This is a discussion on Recruiting Strategy Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2010, 04:50 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Recruiting Strategy Guide

Just wanted to bump this gem. Has really help with my recruiting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 06:11 AM   #66
Banned

OVR: 32

Love this. I like the idea of "recruiting within your means" at the beginning. Once you win some games and gain some stars with your program, you can go after the bigger recruits. I will, however, recruit 4 and 5 star recruits if they are in my pipeline... If not, I leave them alone.

Great guide.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:16 PM   #67
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

To any of the recruiting gurus out there. At what point do you cut your loses and stop recruiting a player? How many points do you have to be behind the #1 school before you throw in the towel and invest your time elsewhere?
Old 07-26-2010, 07:26 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 2

On the subject of recruiting, does anyone know how to check 40 times and stuff?
Old 07-26-2010, 09:58 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by scadh
Cool, it's good to know that in rare circumstances anything can happen -- just like in the real world. In this particular case, I'd say that you're probably moving up because that 3* recruit is getting zero attention from the "last year's BCS" schools. A 3* WR can WANT to play at Alabama all he wishes, but if Alabama never calls...

If it's still early in the season, the big schools just may not be onto him yet as they try for better players. As they back off the 4* and 5* recruits for whatever reason, they come calling for your guy. If it does, I hope you have a big lead! Go into Recruiting Reports to check which schools are spending time on him.

I have never played with a 1* school so I can't say for certain, but I would guess that such a scenario would become increasingly unlikly the higher quality the player is. So for instance, I could see a 3* player signing with a 1* team simply because none of the big boys want him. However, it's difficult to imagine that a 5* player would drop two levels down to sign with a 3* team. There's just too many schools after them.
I did the same with a 3* QB from texas recruiting as idaho and was able to pick him up mid season before he got any pressure elsewhere
Old 07-26-2010, 11:46 PM   #70
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

so far alll you guys using 5 and 6* teams how many 3* guys have u been signing?
Old 07-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #71
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
so far alll you guys using 5 and 6* teams how many 3* guys have u been signing?
If I'm a 5 or 6 star school, I don't sign 3 star players at all unless I'm desperate. Shloopo, you can view 40 times by scrolling to the right in the group view (where you see many players at once).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 10:20 AM   #72
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapps
To any of the recruiting gurus out there. At what point do you cut your loses and stop recruiting a player? How many points do you have to be behind the #1 school before you throw in the towel and invest your time elsewhere?
Don't know if I'm a guru, but I've heard a lot of people reference giving up after you're -400 or worse and there's a lead team with a scholarship offered and very close to full interest. I'm sure it's possible to close that gap with aggressive competitive recruiting, but in most cases, the cost/benefit analysis wouldn't favor it.

It also depends on how late you are in the process. About halfway through the season I cut guys where I'm still trailing by quite a bit, and sort by Top School or Top 3/5. You'll see 3* and 4* guys pretty often where the Top 10 list is pretty uniformly distributed (something like -20, -40, -60, -80, etc.). This tells me that this prospect has not been recruited by anyone yet, so even if I'm in like 4th place, I may move up pretty quickly on that guy's list. Wait until you build it up to 1st and get a slight lead, and THEN offer the scholarship for the chance at the instant commit. If that doesn't work, then start uncovering pitches and schedule a late-season visit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »