Home

Recruiting Strategy Guide

This is a discussion on Recruiting Strategy Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 03:14 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Recruiting Strategy Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesphan026
Great write-up scad, lots of good stuff in here. A few questions I have in general though, to anyone who can help me out:

-I'm still confused about the Recruiting Reports timesaver... There are conflicting reports out there, some say it's free, some say it's premium content. When I try to use it I get the pop-up asking if I'd like to purchase it. Just looking for some clarification on this.
the "recruit reports" timesaver comes free with the online pass on the manual. You do have to enable timesavers in the dynasty house rules.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 03:21 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by scadh
That's an excellent question. I don't know for certain, but if I had to guess I would say no. It seems like times when I get the x2 I tend to either make up a lot of ground or pad a lead significantly. The reverse has also happened, where I had what I thought was a strong week only to find that the gap/lead changed significantly (several hundred points). If all the CPU teams were getting the bonus on the same players at the same time, that probably wouldn't happen because everyone would be scoring huge at the same times.

I think it's likely that each team is given the bonus random weeks and the targets are also assigned randomly.
I private messaged Adam, and he said he didn't think the CPU teams got the bonus too. I figured this was probably the case, but the recruiting advisor in NCAA 2010 would phrase his recommendation when he pointed you to one of these guys in such a way that it made it sound like the recruit would be extra receptive to pitches from all schools. I didn't ask Adam if the CPU got bonuses of their own on different players.

You folks that are saying that when you select "Recruiting Reports" it says it costs money... are you sure you aren't selected "Recruiting Advisor" instead?
Old 07-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #43
Rookie

philliesphan026's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoman
the "recruit reports" timesaver comes free with the online pass on the manual. You do have to enable timesavers in the dynasty house rules.
Thank you! That explains it... I haven't activated my online pass yet (don't play online, just dynasty usually). I left the box over my friend's house though with the pass in it, so I'll just have to wait a bit to use it.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #44
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Outstanding writeup by the OP. Probably the most useful thing in there was how to use the scholarships. I think I do a good job being realistic about what recruits want to come play for me, and I get some of the instant commits with 6-star and 3-star teams alike.

But I had been making a practice of getting the scholarships offered as quickly as possible, and that may not be right. OP has a point that you blow your wad on the chance to get an instant commit when you offer to a guy who doesn't even have you at the top of his list.

On the other hand, my theory has always been that if the guy IS going to instant commit, the worst thing you can do is waste a bunch of time buttering him up, only to have him commit as soon as you offer. Also, the scholarship in and of itself is a pretty powerful pitch (usually 100-200 points). I agree that guys ranking you 2nd or lower should not be pitched right away, but I think I'll keep pitching everyone who has me at #1, especially if they're in my home state.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:57 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 5

Very good tips in this thread, some questions I had about recruiting have been answered pretty much now. Now I can go into Season 2 and set my board up a little better. I pulled in 25 into my board this season cause it worked for me in the past, but halfway through my season, I'm already seeing it's not having the same impact as it had in NCAA 10. I'm gonna shorten my board next season and hopefully the results will get up where I'm more expecting them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 04:06 PM   #46
Rookie

philliesphan026's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull n Pray
You folks that are saying that when you select "Recruiting Reports" it says it costs money... are you sure you aren't selected "Recruiting Advisor" instead?
Yeah. But as was just explained, Recruiting Reports is only free upon activation of the online pass, which I wasn't aware of. So for the users who haven't used their pass yet (like myself) or somehow have a used copy (doubtful at this point), they'll be asked to buy the Recruiting Reports timesaver when they try to click on it.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoman
Ah I didn't even notice that when I activated my online pass. I'm glad I did so immediately, as the Recruiting Report is extremely useful.

Some have said it feels like cheating but I don't think so. In the real world, a school would have a decent idea of how hard other schools were pursuing their prospects. Between things the recruit might say directly, contacts within the scouting industry, the school sports networks, and numerous sites like Rivals, ESPN and Yahoo that maintain comprehensive recruiting sites, plenty of information would be available to make a well-informed guess. Besides, in the game you're seeing the previous week's data, so it's not like you're getting insider info on what the CPU is going to do in the next week of recruiting.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:37 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerfan1509

Number of “OFFERS” should be your number of available scholarships the next season + 3. The available scholarships is{ Current Unused scholarships+ (number of graduating seniors [don’t count redshirting seniors] + number of likely leaving underclassmen}. Ok so you have your available scholarships, now add 3. Because you wont get everyone that you want.
Trying to make sure I understand this...... Your # of available scholarships is always 25? So you will always want to populate your recruit board with 25-35 offers? Is that correct? Or will it always be # of available scholarships (25?) + 3, which is 28?

This is a great approach, but how you arrive at your "OFFERS" number is as clear as mud to me.......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »