Home

Something I want to point out NCAA v. Madden

This is a discussion on Something I want to point out NCAA v. Madden within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 06:05 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Something I want to point out NCAA v. Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I think Madden 11 is getting a bad rap on this board, since I got it I've hardly played NCAA 11. Yes NCAA 11 is the game I'll end up playing more as well, and I think it's a slightly better game, but it's not that much better. People just enjoy kicking the "King" when he is supposedly down I think.

I think once word gets out that Madden 11 is much better than the demo and people get a chance to play it at the mall, Best Buy, etc, the games sales will be pretty good this year.
I could've sworn you said somewhere that were definitely not getting Madden?
Old 08-10-2010, 06:12 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I was considering not buying it because of the strategy pad. Thankfully they decided to go back to the old control method. With that being said, the pad in the actual retail game seems much more responsive to me than in the demo. No lag.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #19
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

Well most of the views are in the NCAA Rosters section. Madden has named and completed rosters, while NCAA don't. So once the rosters are named to trolls leave and won't be seen or heard from a year.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm an franchise/dynasty guy so this year it was a no brainer with NCAA. The online dynasty and dynasty anywhere thingy are just awesome stuff. I've been a huge madden fan since it's humble beginning but it needs to bring it a lot harder. It's a good game but the new stuff just doesn't appeal to me.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #21
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

You guys are missing a huge variable in the "who had the most viewers on release day war".

A lot of those viewers were here for NCAA rosters. There were 2,000+ viewing the roster section.

Don't get me wrong, I love NCAA...love it! Just wanted to point that info out.

Enjoy the games guys! They are both stellar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 06:52 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 19

NCAA appeals to people all over the country. While the NFL has the advantage of billions of dollars of marketing hype, the NCAA has 120 D-1 teams in nearly every state. Isn't it easier to root for your team in your state, rather than attaching your loyalty to some big city pro franchise? In some places, college football is the only game in town, and they have no more than a half dozen games to go to. There are plenty of colleges that have stadiums that seat far more than any NFL stadium.

It seems like EA may have put a bit more resources, a bit more effort into cleaning up NCAA. Madden 11 has had limited hype. Trading Gus Johnson for Tom Hammond was a great move, but what else is new? The change in the play calling, streamlining the game so we can play simpler, faster, and spend more time with our families? The way to bring people back to Madden is to bring back the real Madden, to add to Collinsworth and Johnson's commentary.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:31 PM   #23
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I was considering not buying it because of the strategy pad. Thankfully they decided to go back to the old control method. With that being said, the pad in the actual retail game seems much more responsive to me than in the demo. No lag.
O, they went back to the old control method? Did I miss that or does this mean you have the option of restoring it? Im assuming you're talking about hot routes, line/LB shifts and coverage...
Old 08-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #24
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
Well most of the views are in the NCAA Rosters section. Madden has named and completed rosters, while NCAA don't. So once the rosters are named to trolls leave and won't be seen or heard from a year.
THIS

If NCAA has 2,000 viewers on release week, 1,600 are in the roster section.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »