Home

Do you do any really stupid things in this game sometimes?

This is a discussion on Do you do any really stupid things in this game sometimes? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #9
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Do you do any really stupid things in this game sometimes?

Drifting out of the pocket. It's annoying because when you're really focusing downfield and going through your progressions, I sometimes forget to re-center the LS and drift back and to the left where the RE cleans up and sacks me. Typically, it's a 7-8 yard loss.

It's stupid because the play script drops the QB back into the pocket automatically, but I never seem to remember this.

There is another... While on defense, holding the "A" button too long. Sure, it helps direct the defender to his assignment better, but it also slows him down and makes him a moron when he's trying to make a tackle (sometimes). Often, he whiffs and tries a Pop Warner arm tackle and ends up on his butt. MUST REMEMBER TO RELEASE "A"!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #10
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Pressing the wrong button is the biggest one for me. Hate when it happens. Sometimes I'll see a receiver shouldn't be thrown to...and I do it anyway and regret it the moment I pass the ball.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
Pressing the wrong button is the biggest one for me. Hate when it happens. Sometimes I'll see a receiver shouldn't be thrown to...and I do it anyway and regret it the moment I pass the ball.
I feel you on that x100. It goes hand-in-hand with something else that isn't my fault, which is when I know a receiver will be open at a certain point in a zone - so I throw it with what I think is great timing, but for some reason it goes five yards left or right of where I intended and ends up getting picked by a defender just sitting there waiting on it. My feeling is, even if I timed the route incorrectly (and that's not always true), what I want is for the QB to throw to the hole in the zone, regardless of where the receiver ends up at that point in time. The game doesn't get this at all and there's really no way to do it with current controls. If there was some kind of pure directional passing it would fix this and my brain lock, throwing-it-to-the-wrong-guy moments... but I have no idea how they could implement such a system, since receivers could be three yards away or fifty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 24

I forgot I had no TO's left in the first half. I was in field goal range that could've put me up by three. Nine seconds left, I ran a draw play that got one yard, and couldn't call a timeout to kick the FG. Time expired....

I could hear the announcers now if this were real life: "What the heck was that coach thinking!!!????"
Old 08-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #13
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Passing into coverage. Sometimes i can't even believe it myself.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:28 PM   #14
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah my biggest is the once every other game or so "OH NO" pass. The pass, usually over the middle, where it looks like a guys is open, but only because I didn't see that linebacker in coverage right there. I know it's a pick before I let go of the button.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #15
Rookie

nevadawp's Arena

OVR: 1

My most recent bonehead moves include:

- going for a TD from the 5 yardline with 4 seconds left in the 1st half, throwing incomplete as time expired. Put the 3 points on the board moron!

- Numerous anxious pitches on the option when the pitch man was covered, resulting in a "pick" 6. Happened to me twice in one game a couple of days ago. Gotta show patience with the option and be willing to take the slight loss or minimal gain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 06:33 PM   #16
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

OVR: 3

The idiotic pitch is forgivable, because for how long had the HB ALWAYS been wide open and with at least 5 yards in front of him? Hard to break bad habits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »