Home

Do you do any really stupid things in this game sometimes?

This is a discussion on Do you do any really stupid things in this game sometimes? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Do you do any really stupid things in this game sometimes?

I'm pretty good at NCAA but I've noticed that sometimes my brain just locks up. Last night on two separate plays in a single game, I was scanning the field and saw a wide-open receiver. As I was hammering the button a thought occurred to me: oh god, I have no idea what button I'm hitting, except that I'm pretty sure it's not the right one. Sure enough I flung the ball to a giant mess in the middle of the field (like two receivers and five defenders all milling around in a pile) and it was easily picked off, while the receiver with no one on him stood in the end zone looking at me through the TV screen as if to say, "You are a giant moron."

Also even though I generally excel at running the option, occasionally I get annoyed (call it the gamer's version of tilt, like a poker player would get) and do something stupid. Like if the defensive end bursts right through the line and wraps me up before I get a chance to escape, I just have an irresistible urge to pitch the ball even though I'm not watching the coverage on the halfback, or sometimes even when I can SEE THAT HE'S COVERED. I've bounced the pitch off a defender a couple times, and once I threw a game-ending fumble right to a linebacker - in a bowl game, vs. Bama, in overtime. And basically all because I was mad that the defensive end was playing like Superman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Do you do any really stupid things in this game sometimes?

Didn't pay attention to how many time-outs my opponent had, ran a play when I could have just taken a knee and won. Ran the option, pitched it when I shouldn't have. Fumble returned for a game-winning touchdown, QB injured for 5 weeks.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Mack Attack 11's Arena

OVR: 10

LMAO. I do the same s*it. I think it is called getting old.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #4
Rookie

ZombieNationPSU's Arena

The passing to the wrong receiver... that's me about once per game. It rarely results in anything other than an incompletion, but it's still frustrating to see the other intended receiver running free.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

I do it here and there. I think everybody has done the option pitch when they shouldn't have at some point in their life. There have been several times when I've thrown the ball to the wrong receiver. It usually happens when I make my pre-snap read and determine which receiver I think will be open, but then the defense runs something I didn't expect (usually a zone blitz). I'll get flushed out of the pocket from the pressure and find an open receiver but push the button of the pre-snap read in my panic anyway, who's usually covered.

The biggest problem I've had with NCAA 11, though, is that the game doesn't immediately go to Coach's Pick in a punting situation, so when I get back to the play-calling screen I'll just push buttons too quickly and end up calling a dive on 4th and 15 on my own 5 yard line or a 100 yard field goal. Then I'll have to burn a timeout that could be useful later in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 05:17 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by caspermatic
Didn't pay attention to how many time-outs my opponent had, ran a play when I could have just taken a knee and won. Ran the option, pitched it when I shouldn't have. Fumble returned for a game-winning touchdown, QB injured for 5 weeks.
Wow, that beats anything I've ever done by a country mile. I salute your bravery in even posting that. I hope you gave a "They are who we thought they were!" speech to yourself afterward.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #7
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

The thing I hate the most is when you are trying to snap the ball and hit the button too many times and end up lobbing the ball to your receiver in the middle of the field.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:38 PM   #8
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Attack 11
LMAO. I do the same s*it. I think it is called getting old.
They say video games keep your reflexes quick but I dont know about that.

I'm not even 30, but I swear I sometimes dont process things as fast on this game or other games, as I used to.

Or when you're tired, it's also not a good time to play this game....unless you're playing on rookie or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »