Home

The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread

This is a discussion on The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 01:46 PM   #33
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeHorse
By far the most exciting thing I've read in a long time. Congrats, that was amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
Wow, just wow. That sounds like an incredible game! I would not have called a draw play on 4th and 10, with the game on the line, heck I probably would have just kicked the FG and gone into another OT. Kudos to you for having the guts to call that!
The Boise State-Oklahoma play was the first thing I thought of when I was reading that.
Thank you sirs! All of that was not inflated or changed in any format from how it actually happened. Imagine playing and watching this game how exciting it would have been? I was literally sweating, screaming, cussing, vomitting, having seizures, etc.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:30 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

OK first time posting here but long time creeper of forums and thought I had to share my experience last evening:

Clemson 21 PSU 17 (me). Orange Bowl

A heartbreaking loss for me in year 2 of my 3 year contract. First year I stunk up the place @ 8-4 as PSU, a supposed power of the BIG TEN. Well after getting through my rookie year kinks, I was able to put together a decent 2nd season. I started a little shaky with a few opening losses to smaller teams, namely Temple crushing me and taking me out of the top 25 polls completely. 2nd half of season however: 5 straight wins including some nail biters against top talent teams : Wisconsin, Alabama!

long story short I climbed back into the prestigious zone and into the #8 ranking of the BCS. Orange bowl: PSU 9-3 #8 vs Clemson (unranked)8-4. Piece o cake. My stud scrambling qb was picking the secondary apart with slants and post routes for 15-25 yard gains 10-12 passing, best start this season, 200 yards. first half. Rushing I was getting crushed for only 2-3 yards a carry with no breakaways for my 1200 yard rusher Phillips. I kept at it and maintained my mix and easily built up to a 14-0 lead margin.

Clemson started creeping into the Red zone with some tremendous runs of 10-15 yards and over 20 carries pounding and pounding my defense. When they kicked even a 30 yard field goal after entering the RZ on 3 occassions, the kicker still narrowly missed these FG's!!! Wow, I checked, his rating a 56 haha. Next drive, PSU 4 and out. wow, a momentum shift perhaps? Held them to 4-0 next, then again 2 passes, nothing huge pressure on QB. 3rd pass? A horrible mistake. Intercepted returned to my 25 yard line . Clemson up, the crowd is raucous. Cover 2 zone defense, I figured that's safe. i cheated up the LB's to the left, pinched the DE's with their I formation. All te sudden a handoff up the middle.... NO... a fake handoff endaround to the right!?!! Bam this huge WR with amazing speed wisks away untouched around the edge and all the way to the endzone. 14-7.

This was the turning point in the game, I couldn't run, I couldn't pass all the sudden, only getting a few 1st's on scrambles and PA's. 14-14. 3 minutes left... another brutal interception after seemingly balancing my play with horrible runs.. TD run up the middle 15 yards from a FB running over everyone. 14-21.

2 minutes left, a nice steady drive with out passes and slants to the sidelines to control the clock, but in the RZ the defense clamps down.. Had to settle for a FG. 21-17. Kicked the ball over deep into the Endzone, they returned it!? Defense was bruising with sacks midfield.. 50 seconds left. 3rd and 16. Clemson with a post route and gets a first down, and then runs out the clock... All while my defense was pretty solid with exception of bad field position from turnovers, or a trick endaround td. Very dissappointing loss. Not only do I lose my 2nd bowl game in my career, but drop to #14 and miss out on the Achievement for top 10 in career requirements and in gamerscore ;(.

year 3 was upon me, had the 2nd overall recruiting fulfilling for the first time in 2 years all of my scholarships. My JR qb is even better this year ready for revenge, have a whole new slew of WR/HB's and a Senior defense returning this year. This looks like it could be the year. Or so I hope for my contract. Top 10 or bust, beat clemson and Temple or bust. I put Clemson in as my 2nd game of the year for hopefully some revenge.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:01 PM   #35
Rookie

CrossTown's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm in year 2 of a Michigan dynasty.

I'm playing against Ohio State to close out the season. They're #1 and I'm #2 (deja vu, anyone?). Its a close game to start, but I put up some quick scores after turnovers at the end of the 1st half and I'm up 21-7.

2nd half starts methodically as well. Some punts back and forth and then I sustain a drive for another 7 points, 28-21 after 3...

And then the Buckeyes come storming back in the 4th. I can't stop a damn thing, and can't move the ball an inch. Whenever I do stop them, it's a super quick 3 and out for me. Long story short we get to about a minute left to play and Pryor hits a 65 yard pass to tie. I get the ball back but I can't seem to put anything real together and punt it away, resting on my defense to defend only 30 seconds worth of football.

But I can't. The Buckeyes drive for a bit, stall for a bit, get a big play and next thing I know they're kicking a field goal with 7 seconds to go to take the lead. I call a timeout to ice the guy but it doesn't matter, it's right down the middle. With 1. Second. Left...

They kick it off and I let it bounce in the endzone to save the second. I'm on my 20, call trips right with my stud WR Roundtree alone on the left side of field. Drop back with Robinson, pump fake, no one bites, I lose faith and throw it up anyway. Roundtree is behind the defenders but he's going to have to slow down to catch the ball so the corner and safety catch up. They both jump to swat and MISS!!!

I take it in for 6 yelling in my apartment (freaking out the neighbors, I'm sure). Michigan wins 35-31.

Instant classic score of 1800 or so.

I love this game. Seriously EA, I love this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 06:26 PM   #36
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

OVR: 1

I just played an awesome game.

It was my MTSU dynasty at FAU in the second year. I'm coming in 5-1 (because of my F schedule) and they're 2-4. They play me exactly the way an underdog should; letting me get the little stuff, and preventing the big play. And they stop me on fourth and goal at the 1 early on, and then later they stop me on fourth down twice more in that little 35-40 yard line area where it's too short to punt and too far to kick a field goal. It was a totally defensive three yards and a cloud of dust game. They get a TD early, and I'm held scoreless until the second half. My RB DD Kyles goes for 146 yards on the day, and engineers my two scoring drives by himself, but in both he's tired and subbed at the end of the drive and my power tendency freshman gets the scores. The game ends up in overtime, I win the toss, play defense, recover a fumble, kick a field goal to win 17-14.

It was so sim.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:00 AM   #37
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

Just played an awesome game, New Mexico Lobos vs New Mexico State Aggies.

I was New Mexico.

It was a barn-burner. 14 scores in the game.

Here's the Scoring Summary:

1st Quarter: UNM: 28-yd pass to C. Hernandez from B. Holbrook (7-0)
1st Quarter: NMSU: 69-yd pass to B. Huntley from J. Fleming [PAT no good] (7-6)
1st Quarter: UNM: 38-yd field goal by J. Aho (10-6)

Right now, I'm feeling pretty good with my lead, although not huge...

2nd Quarter: UNM: 28-yd pass to C. Hernandez from B. Holbrook (17-6)
2nd Quarter: NMSU: 2-yd rush by S. Smith (17-13)
2nd Quarter: NMSU: 36-yd pick-six by A. Powell (17-20)
2nd Quarter: NMSU: 6-yd pass to B. Huntley from J. Fleming (17-27)

2nd Quarter: UNM: 33-yd pass to C. Hernandez from B. Holbrook (24-27)

Now I'm feeling like I can pull the comeback, getting the ball back at halftime.

3rd Quarter: UNM: 54-yd pass to O. Solomon from B. Holbrook (31-27)
3rd Quarter: NMSU: 13-yd pass to M. Allen from J. Fleming (31-34)
3rd Quarter: UNM: 26-yd field goal by J. Aho (34-34)

Ended up hurting their quarterback, he was out for the game. I'm feeling more confident with the game now being tied up.

4th quarter: UNM: 49-yd field goal by J. Aho (37-34)
4th quarter: NMSU: 8pyd pass to S. Diaz from T. Wallis (37-41)
4th quarter: UNM: 1-yd rush by D. Dennis (44-41)

The 1-yd rush that put us in the lead, was done with 0:06 left on the clock! We kicked it off, and they had one try, for a hail mary. Their receiver caught it, but we tackled him pretty much immediately.

Certain times in the game, I thought I was done for. At one point I really thought about throwing the controller, but didn't. Momentum was a big key, going back and forth between teams. I did notice it seemed they had a robo QB after I hurt their QB. He drove them down the field like it was no problem, making my team look horrible.

Both teams' secondaries looked ridiculous. I hit many passes with WRs being completely wide open.

Player of the game was my QB: BR Holbrook: 15/28, 402 Yds, 4 TDs, 1 INT

My WR was outstanding: WR: Chris Hernandez: 7 Rec, 159 Yds, 3 TDs

The game got #3 Greatest Game, with 1026 pts.

Last edited by WWF80sKid; 09-01-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:53 PM   #38
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6

Been having crazy awesome games in my 4th year of dynasty. I put all the big 10 teams into the big 12 and added ND and my created NEB team with e. mich roster.

Anyways finally in my 4th year I got some good transfers and freshman. So I'm 11-0 but 2 of the games came down to pretty much last plays, I'll talk about the mich one.

So it's 4th quarter and I'm done 21-17. I'm marching down the field with 2minutes left. I got to my 40yard line. It's 4th down and 12. I hit my senior wr on a streak slant route and pick up 13yards. I'm going nuts. Than i get down to mich 25yard line. 2nd and 10 and me being dumb I try to scramble and get popped. The ball bounces back yards and my lineman picks it up. So it's 3rd and 14. On 3rd down i get sacked!!! i'm like noooooo going to lose. 4th and 18 and i hike it. My number 1 wr is doubled teamed, my 2 wr is covered good. I see no hope at all, than all of a sudden my TE that was just doing an Out route cuts up! he is wide open and i hit him for a first down!! I'm going crazy.

Ok so its 2nd and i'm 11 yards out of the endzone. I have all 3 of my timeouts because i wasn't calling any while trying to march down. 28seconds left and i hike it. everyone is covered so i take off and dive for the endzone, TD!!!!! I'm going nuts now just crazy nuts. Ok so 19seconds left. I squib it and they get it at the 40.

I totally forgot i'm only up by 3! 24-21. So first play they ran it, so i go wth. Than i realized what was going on. So second play with 14seconds left they bomb it to a te and he catches it!!! he goes out of bounds with 3seconds left. They line up for a 39yard fg..... WIDE LEFT!!!! WOOOTTT!!! I win and i'm just crazy now. I'm 11-0 and 2 games from the NC game. I only have to win the big 12 game but i have to get passed the team that i haven't beaten, i'm 0-3, penn freaking state! So one more wild game i bet. The OSU game was just as wild, but no time to type it right now work calls hehe.

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!
Old 09-08-2010, 07:09 PM   #39
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Just played a weird game as Auburn agains Georgia in the Deep South's Oldest Rivalry.

I had it heavily raining at Jordan-Hare. I get the ball to start and first play of the game? Throw an interception. Georgia scores the very next play. Yes, they scored within 30 seconds of the game starting. Only a minute later they score again on a 2 play drive. Yeah, 6 minutes left in the first quarter and I'm trailing by 14 already.

I end up scoring at the end of the quarter and hold them off to make it respectable by the end of the first. The second quarter I would score on a 68 yard play that started as a 5 yard pass in the flats, my WR would take it all the way shaking off wimpy Bulldogs along the way. Game is tied now, looking to be that way going into the half.

However, Georgia is driving with 11 seconds, they heave one up only for it to be intercepted by me, with a solid return to put me at the 38 yardline in GA territory with 5 seconds to go. So, what the heck, I'll chuck one up there and see if I can get lucky. Well guess what? I CONNECT on a 38 yard TD pass in the end zone as time expires at the end of the half. I've never completed a hail mary to end the half or a game, so that was quite satisfying.

21-14, Auburn leads through a scoreless 3rd quarter. After a slow start, my QB really turned it on and was connecting with his WRs left and right, but I could not establish the run game at all.

4th quarter...3:51 to go...Georgia finds, who else but AJ Green, alone down the sideline where he takes it all the way for 49 yards to tie the game up!
I get the ball, plenty of time to make something happen. I get into several 3rd and long situations, but climb out of them the keep the drive going into their half of the field.
Under a minute left, I'm at the 38(out of the kickers range) with a 3rd and 8. Somehow I find a WR on an out route headed towards the sideline, one on one. He snags it at around the 17. Then I run the ball to get to the 13. At this point, I let the clock go down to 2 seconds left. Game tied at 21, GA decides to "freeze" my kicker by calling back-to-back-to-back timeouts. Psh.

A 30 yard FG, I had intentionally ran the ball the previous play to make sure I could stay smack in the middle of the hashes for an easier try.
And what do you know...It's GOOD! I never heard Nessler sound so excited lol. Game winning FG as time expired. What a game. 24-21 Auburn pulls it out.
Surprisingly this didn't qualify as an instant classic. Huh. Quality football game right there. My QB ended up with 329 yards passing, 2 TDs, but 3 picks as well. As a team I ran for only 45 yards.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5

My game: Hosting #17 Pitt as my created school New York State Rams, located in Albany.

Tied at 17-17 at the half.

Second half, late third quarter I'm down 31-20. Dion Lewis (3rd year of my dynasty so he's a senior) is just lighting me up for TDs and yardage. From henceforth he shall be called God cause he tore me a new. Anyway, I drive down field and score a nice diving TD catch to cut it 31-27 after 3. Early 4th I hit my frosh WR up the middle for a 64 yarder (most after the catch), 34-31. God scores easily, 38-34. We trade a couple more TDs and I'm up 41-38. God breaks 5939424 tackles on a screen pass for a 90 yard TD late! 45-41 Pitt. But I'm not panicking yet. In fact I have them right where I want them. There's about two minutes to play so I have this nice, easy, methodical drive going down the field and on 4th and goal from the one with 13 ticks to play, I pound it up the middle for a TD with my FB! Game over right?! It's 48-45 me with 10 seconds left! I decide to squib it. Big mistake. It takes an awful bounce and goes out of bounds. so they get it at the 40 AND lose no time. Still 1 time out left for Pitt.

With 10 ticks left, they drop back and I called a "drop zone" coverage. dumb idea. He lobs up a prayer and it's caught at the 12 with one second left! My impact senior FS barely missed the tip and they someone still call the timeout. I don't even have time to call my last one to freeze the kicker or anything and boom, in the span of about 15 seconds they throw a prayer and kick a winning FG. 48-48 after regulation. Wow.

I win OT toss and elect for D. God shreds me in about 3 plays for a quick 5 yarder. My turn. First play I run a shotgun Middle slants play where the inner two WRs on the right run looping slants up the middle. The middle reciever is wide open as the safeties split wide and I lob one up for an easy 6. One play, one TD. Boom. I replaced Buffalo in the MAC and used their default roster w/ generated names and their playbook.

OT #2. I start with the ball and call 4 verticals with the idea of clearing out the area and dumping to my HB. Well the same guy who caught the TD moments earlier is wide open, splitting the zone. I rifle one into the endzone and for a brief moment it looks like he's going to let the ball sail right past him, but luckily he catches it at the last possible moment. TD. 61-55 with PAT coming up, which I nail to make it 62-55.

Enter God. In the blink of an eye, Pitt has it first and goal at the 9. Here we go again. I come out in man cover 2 with the safeties and they run it up the gut. God goes untouched up until the 1 yard line when BAM! Crushed by my impact FS who causes the FUMBLE! My SS dives on to preserve the win! Game over and the Rams win 62-55.

Great game. Edge of my seat. God tallied 5 TDs and over 300 yards of total offense. Including 250+ rushing and 100+ recieving and return yardage. Unreal. He was literally untouchable, even taking the 2nd play of the game untouched 85 yard so the house.

Over 1200 of yards and 100 points scored. One turnover. and it happened to be the game winner. I was all sorts of emotions throughout but was happy to clinch the W.

Now I'm #8 overall at 11-0, with Army my final game to play. I have the Holy Trinity of freshman, from a 4 star RB, a 4 star WR and a 4 star Athlete converted to TE. 70 overall. 6'7, 240 pounds. I mismatch nightmare. He only has 3 TDs on the season but has 854 yards recieving. My frosh RB has over 1000 yards rushing and 16 TDs and my frosh WR has 890 yards recieving and 4 TDs. My offense will be scary good for years to come and I'm hoping for a big east invite soon since I dominated the MAC and then some.

Some of these other games were good reads.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »