Home

The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread

This is a discussion on The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2010, 01:46 PM   #41
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread

bump to the top!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4

Just played an wicked game against my bud in our OD.

We're in year 8, user created teams. His Fighting Amish, defending National Champs from the year before and my Rough Riders, at my house.

His team was leading and a great hit lead to a FF on his TE to make it even. He drives down field and scores leaving a min 13 left. I drive down and score leaving 6 seconds left.

I win the coin toss and defer for the OT. He scores, I score. He scores and then I score. Then I say screw this and go for 2 and win.

50-49 final and 1703 instant classic score. Killer game too and got the Fighting Amish monkey off my back...my bud had a 4 season run up to that point of beating me.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:09 PM   #43
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSmerg
Just played an wicked game against my bud in our OD.

We're in year 8, user created teams. His Fighting Amish, defending National Champs from the year before and my Rough Riders, at my house.

His team was leading and a great hit lead to a FF on his TE to make it even. He drives down field and scores leaving a min 13 left. I drive down and score leaving 6 seconds left.

I win the coin toss and defer for the OT. He scores, I score. He scores and then I score. Then I say screw this and go for 2 and win.

50-49 final and 1703 instant classic score. Killer game too and got the Fighting Amish monkey off my back...my bud had a 4 season run up to that point of beating me.
That's awesome man. Funny name too, Fighting Amish!
Old 09-25-2010, 11:51 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Just played an awesome and strange game in my Oregon dynasty. I'm ranked #2 traveling to Knoxville to take on the unranked Vols. I get the ball first and score a TD within a minute. Took me a mere 4-5 passes each of which gained like 15 or more yards. Vols get the ball and I force them to a ridiculous 3 and out where I pushed them back like 15 yards. I instantly thought game over and I was going to blow them out. However, what followed would surprise me. Tennessee held their ground. The rest of the 1st quarter, I was gaining yards, but could never get into scoring position before they forced me to punt. Defensively, I was just destroying them. I don't even think they had positive yards in the 1st. 7-0 after the 1st.

Game was much of the same until the end of the 4th. The Vols did start generating yards and getting downfield, but either couldn't get into the endzone or missed a FG(2 of them). Same went for me except I couldn't even get into FG position. They shut me down very well. I could get passed mid field, but the drive stalled every time.

Let's fast forward to the end of the 4th. Still 7-0, my lead. They have the ball with the clock running down(30 seconds or so). It's 4th and 18. Yes, 4th and 18. What happens? Vols QB rolls out and completes a 30 or so yard pass downfield, receiver breaks a weak tackle and runs into the endzone. 7-7.

Onto overtime. I give them the ball first and hold them to a FG. 10-7 Vols. I'm up. First play is a 20 or so yard completion. 1st and goal, stuffed for 1 yard. 2nd and goal, incomplete pass. 3rd and goal, I call a screen, move out of the pocket a bit and throw to my HB, blocks are set up well and I run straight through the hole and into the endzone. TD. Game over, Final: 13-10.

Just barely escaped with a win. If you were to tell me after I scored a quick TD on the opening drive and held them to negative yards in the 1st quarter that the game would end with me winning 13-10 in OT, I would've called you crazy.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 09-26-2010, 02:25 AM   #45
Rookie

ManWithBag's Arena

OVR: 0

I just had an awesome game in my Air Force dynasty against Sand Diego State. I got out to a 20-0 lead by half time and gave up a field goal in the 3rd quarter.

Next thing I know, SDSU comes storming back in the 4th, scoring 3 straight TDs, I get the kickoff with like a minute left in the game, drive down and score on a sweet fade to the back of the endzone with 15 sec left.

It was awesome because the comeback by the CPU wasn't at all cheap or unfair, it was like real life, I was taking it easy, being careless with the ball and not playing good D, had a couple turnovers in the redzone that really hurt me, but that's just how the game plays sometimes.

By far the most fun I've had in a single game, and I've played quite a bit, I think the greatness score was somewhere around 1950. So much fun!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2010, 04:40 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 20

Beating Mississippi State with Mid Tennessee State 21-3 in the fourth quarter. Completely shut them down, had a pick six earlier and stopped them three times in the redzone. MSU scores and then gets the onside kick and scores again. So it's now 21-18 and they get ANOTHER onside recovery. They marched up to my 30 yard line but instead of huddling and kicking a field goal, they go for it and I sack them to pull off the upset.

It didn't feel like they were programmed to win or comeback or anything, just their talent finally starting showing late in the game.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:34 PM   #47
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2

Wow, I have had quite a few of these in my Boise State dynasty. The most recent was a 59 to 57 quadruple overtime classic versus Alabama in the sugar bowl. I won and I would give a better description but I was wasted while playing and I dont really remember the details lol
Old 09-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #48
Im Only Kidding..

King10Sooted's Arena

OVR: 18

I just played a pretty kick *** game in my Temple dynasty, went to 3 OTs and won by forcing a fumble while Army was trying to run an option.

More info here:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2041659338

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »