Home

EA needs to sell 2 versions of this game next year

This is a discussion on EA needs to sell 2 versions of this game next year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2010, 02:07 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: EA needs to sell 2 versions of this game next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
OP:

NCAA has never had custom playbooks on the 360/PS3 so you cannot blame online dynasties. EA simply didn't have the time and/or desire to include all the Xbox1/PS2 features.

Actually the OP was talking about the custom playbooks that were in the last generation console when it was on PS2 , Xbox and nintendo gamecube.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:21 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
I've been reading through some threads where people are complaining about the omission of custom playbooks and in-season progression, both of which have been part of this game before. I think I know why we don't have them any more. It's because of online dynasty play.

Too much changeable data moving in and out of their OD servers could have contributed to the slowdowns and crashing people have experienced, and to resolve this, EA made this data fixed per season, rather than dynamic.

I don't play online, so I can't comment on how smooth things are, but if it's better for many of you, than at least it's a step in the right direction. And, I won't be an EA ***** who says they screwed the game up either. But I think these changes to the game have hurt it more than helped it.

That's why I think they should offer two versions of the game next year. Not two boxes mind you, but simply force online dynasty players to play by these simplified rules and game code, while allowing offline players the game that most of us would like to have back.

I know that people would complain at first, but if you think about it, it's only a temporary fix. As servers and data pipelines continue to get faster, EA could return in-season progression and custom playbooks to online players, as well as other game aspects it's pruned out over the years.

It takes time to mature a system like OD, and I get that, but I don't think offline players like me should be penalized. Besides, OD players now have all that web enabled stuff they can use to make their experience so much cooler, where's the cool stuff for the offline players? Does EA just not care?
Great idea but probably not realistic. I'm an offline guy, too.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:45 AM   #11
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm actually under the staunch belief that disc space isn't a problem at all.

How come all other sports games don't have any issues with disc space?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 07:39 AM   #12
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

Two different versions of the game is not realistic in the near future, at least IMO. They already have enough issues trying to patch and tune the current version imagine trying to QA, patch and tune two versions. What a mess that would be for both EA and us the customers.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Old 08-31-2010, 11:54 AM   #13
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUMCHUGH
First, to sell different versions of the game requires a larger marketing budget. If this in turn does not sell more copies, ie revenue, then it hurts their bottom line.So probably not likely that this would ever happen.

Distribution of software via Web is much more cost effective than selling plastic boxes with a CD/DVD, printer paper, etc. Storage space costs vs mass produced media costs heavily favor the Web-based model. So again, this eats into their profit, which lessens the likelihood this would ever happen.
OK, first... I would not ask EA to sell 2 different boxes of NCAA football (please read the original post). The only difference stipulated is that online dynasty players play by simplified game code, allowing offline players to play the "full experience" game shipped on the disc. No duplicate discs. No DLC. Just a unique game mode for OD players.

But no, marketing is not now, or ever will be, EA's real concern. They make so much money selling these games...

And your assertion that a DLC version of the game would be more profitable because they would not haveto package and ship the games to retails stores is absurd. Part of their marketing strategy is release day hype. Retailers open at midnight to sell the game in the box. Besides, if you were a retailer needing customers coming through your front door, you'd sure love to have EA Sports games on the shelf, wouldn't you?

Again, I'll make my point as clear as I can. EA ships one box of NCAA football. In it, you can play offline dynasty, complete with in-season progression and custom playbooks. In it, you can play online dynasty with no in-season progression and no custom playbooks. And, if EA's smart, they'd find a way to charge customers extra dough to play online WITH in-season progression and custom playbooks (like a special club for hardcore gamers).

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!
Old 08-31-2010, 12:14 PM   #14
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
OK, first... I would not ask EA to sell 2 different boxes of NCAA football (please read the original post). The only difference stipulated is that online dynasty players play by simplified game code, allowing offline players to play the "full experience" game shipped on the disc. No duplicate discs. No DLC. Just a unique game mode for OD players.

But no, marketing is not now, or ever will be, EA's real concern. They make so much money selling these games...

And your assertion that a DLC version of the game would be more profitable because they would not haveto package and ship the games to retails stores is absurd. Part of their marketing strategy is release day hype. Retailers open at midnight to sell the game in the box. Besides, if you were a retailer needing customers coming through your front door, you'd sure love to have EA Sports games on the shelf, wouldn't you?

Again, I'll make my point as clear as I can. EA ships one box of NCAA football. In it, you can play offline dynasty, complete with in-season progression and custom playbooks. In it, you can play online dynasty with no in-season progression and no custom playbooks. And, if EA's smart, they'd find a way to charge customers extra dough to play online WITH in-season progression and custom playbooks (like a special club for hardcore gamers).

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!
Online Dynasty is already a separate mode though. OD has Dynasty Wire, but does not have the ability for conference invites and coaching changes like offline dynasty. I'm not exactly sure what you mean with "full experience" for offline when it already has the "full experience" with the features currently in the game. if they added in-season progression back in, it'll be for both online and offline most likely. likely the same for custom playbooks. not sure why you think those are can't be in ODs.

and no to charging for features to use in OD when they are free in offline dynasty.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-31-2010, 12:34 PM   #15
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

wait. wut?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 01:35 PM   #16
Rookie

demondecs21's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm not sure about one or two disk set, i think if possible they should sell a slimmed down/diet online version, online(xbox live marketplace), and then have the regular offline version in the normal box we know and love. But i think dynasty mode needs revamped, not really even that just bring a few things back and i feel dynasty mode would sparkle again.

First bring back FBS teams.
second in season progression needs to be brought back.
third custom playbooks.
fourth bring back the hype for the start of the season (spring game, drills, etc)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »