Home

When you don't have any recruiting needs during a season...

This is a discussion on When you don't have any recruiting needs during a season... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2010, 03:53 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: When you don't have any recruiting needs during a season...

Also not a bad time to take a few fliers on some underrated players. If you have no needs it means you have good depth going into the next season. You can go look for that speedster HB who may not be a 5* or 4* recruit. You might find that great blocking TE who isnt rated well because he's not a great receiving TE but may be the missing piece in your running game. Look for that undersized but quick DE who may be someone you can formation sub in to bring extra pressure in certain situations. This is where the game really gets fun. Sure you can have the top recruiting class every year, but for me its more fun to find players that arent exactly top caliber recruits and develop them into key players.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:41 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4

I'm in year five with Ole Miss and am coming off my first national championship. I've got our prestige up to 6 stars, so last year and this year I'm brining in some beastly recruiting classes.

If you're to that point in your dynasty, what I like to do it just go down the ESPN Top 150 and add the best 25 players on that list that have me ranked in their top 3. (without stockpiling too many guys in one position) I recruit these 5* players for the first 3 weeks of the season and offer them all a scholarships the first week of recruiting. I keep track of how many points I'm gaining/losing with each player for those first 3 weeks and then after the first 3 weeks of recruiting I weed out who I'm clearly falling behind on to focus on the players (usually 12-15 of them) who I have a real shot at. Once I get a nice lead with those top 12-15 guys I go back and search for 3 and 4* guys and recruit them for the rest of the season along with the top guys I was already going after. I never have more that 25 guys on my board at a time.

Last year I had the number 1 recruiting class brining in five 5* guys, 11 4* guys and eight 3* guys. This year I'm going to bring in 6 5* guys and 13 4* guys.

I also like to save 3-5 scholarships for the offseason recruiting when a hand full of top tier guys and JuCo transfers become available.

Hope this helps. And feel free to comment everybody.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:43 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylynner
I'm in year five with Ole Miss and am coming off my first national championship. I've got our prestige up to 6 stars, so last year and this year I'm brining in some beastly recruiting classes.

If you're to that point in your dynasty, what I like to do it just go down the ESPN Top 150 and add the best 25 players on that list that have me ranked in their top 3. (without stockpiling too many guys in one position) I recruit these 5* players for the first 3 weeks of the season and offer them all a scholarships the first week of recruiting. I keep track of how many points I'm gaining/losing with each player for those first 3 weeks and then after the first 3 weeks of recruiting I weed out who I'm clearly falling behind on to focus on the players (usually 12-15 of them) who I have a real shot at. Once I get a nice lead with those top 12-15 guys I go back and search for 3 and 4* guys and recruit them for the rest of the season along with the top guys I was already going after. I never have more that 25 guys on my board at a time.

Last year I had the number 1 recruiting class brining in five 5* guys, 11 4* guys and eight 3* guys. This year I'm going to bring in 6 5* guys and 13 4* guys.

I also like to save 3-5 scholarships for the offseason recruiting when a hand full of top tier guys and JuCo transfers become available.

Hope this helps. And feel free to comment everybody.
how much time do you use on each recruit when you add 25 guys?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »