Home

Cheese or not Cheese?

This is a discussion on Cheese or not Cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2010, 01:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Cheese or not Cheese?

So give me your opinion if the following situation is "Cheese"

I am playing a user game of my online dynasty: Texas(me) vs Oklahoma

The game is going back and forth and its 21-14 Texas with 6 seconds left on the clock Oklahoma has the ball. The guy scores with one second left and I am like okay were gonna go to OT.Then I see that he is gonna go for it. I already think this is cheese and am thinking to myself wow what a dumb way to end a great game. so i come out in a goal line defense and he comes out in an I formation. he snaps the ball and runs the option. and does the classic cheeser pitch the ball as the QB is being tackled and he got it and that was the game 22-21.
IMO I thought it was cheese from the point he went for 2 because I know college football and I know Bob Stoops would not go for 2 with the game on the line. Then the option is the icing on the cheese IMO.

I know this is a little over the top but thats because I just lost so all I am asking is do you guys think this is cheese because I was told this dynasty was going to be a sim style and I see that in my first user game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 01:31 AM   #2
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Cheese or not Cheese?

Not cheese. I've seen teams who are being outplayed when a game is tied late go for two to win it. I don't find the option cheesy at all. The cheese pitch is easy to stop. All you do is instantly select a different player when you tackle the QB. You can send that guy at the HB faster than the CPU will adjust them, so you can stop it.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 10-01-2010, 01:37 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Not cheese. I've seen teams who are being outplayed when a game is tied late go for two to win it. I don't find the option cheesy at all. The cheese pitch is easy to stop. All you do is instantly select a different player when you tackle the QB. You can send that guy at the HB faster than the CPU will adjust them, so you can stop it.
Its a sim league or supposed to be one. Oklahoma is never that ballsy. watch one of there games. Bob stoops would never do that. I would be fine if it was Mark Dantonio at Michigan State or Chris Peterson at Boise but not Oklahoma thats not sim football.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:43 AM   #4
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Well technically it may not be cheese, however I am still 100% against it. I think that considering all the money plays (especially on the goal line) and poor defensive reactions on certain offensive plays, going for 2 in a situation like this is somewhat unfair, not to mention unrealistic as TC said.

I think if he went for the fake field goal that would have been perfectly legit. At least that would involve some strategy. But the i-form option on the goal line is way overpowered due to the QB being able to pitch while being sandwiched by 2 defenders.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:06 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Not cheese - I actually did the exact same thing to my opponent the other day. Same situation, score as time expires, called the I form Power Option against a goal line set and it got BLEW UP. I lost 28-27.

However, usually I would kick. I always play for OT but I had no choice this time. I had to go for two and try and end the game. My wife was almost home.

Yeah, I said it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 09:31 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastexit
Not cheese - I actually did the exact same thing to my opponent the other day. Same situation, score as time expires, called the I form Power Option against a goal line set and it got BLEW UP. I lost 28-27.

However, usually I would kick. I always play for OT but I had no choice this time. I had to go for two and try and end the game. My wife was almost home.

Yeah, I said it.
You do what you have to my brother. Keep the wifey happy and you may actually get to play your game again. If she gets upset, then you find your game disc on the end table being used as a coaster
Visit my Arena: www.operationsports.com/iamironman84/
Old 10-01-2010, 09:33 AM   #7
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

OVR: 3

Well, as the commish of this particular dynasty, I have to say I don't really consider that to be cheese. I definitely see your point, because when somebody does that stuff to you it sucks to no end. Losing like that is a kick in the balls. But, to me, it is just a really aggressive play call. I know it might not be exactly what Stoops or most other coaches would do, but it does happen, and let's face it, this is not real life. This dynasty is trying to be sim, but as far as I'm concerned aggressive play calls aren't cheese, sometimes they might not be just like "real life", but this is a video game, let's face it, we don't have much on the line. You make the stop and you win.

The other guy also said you went for it on a 4th and 2 from your own 30 or so, not exactly something Mack Brown would do, so it goes both ways. I hate when people pull either one of these moves, but stop them and they look really stupid, let them make it and it will piss you off.

I won't stand for cheese dicks, but to me the only thing that's cheese is abusing a glitch or some weakness in the game. Aggressiveness is not cheese to me. I saw the video of the option play he ran, that is tough, not sure how the hell he kept his RB in bounds after that ridiculous pitch, but he pulled it off. Don't want there to be any hard feelings on it, I know it sucks to lose that way and I'd be pissed if I was you too, hopefully a night's sleep took the edge off. Better luck next time bro.

Last edited by Schreck; 10-01-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:38 AM   #8
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5

Not cheese, I'm in 3 online dynasties 1 of which i run, we have pretty strict rules on cheese and I would have gone for 2 most likely and would have expected my opponent to as well

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »