Home

Cheesing cost me a chance at a National title.

This is a discussion on Cheesing cost me a chance at a National title. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #9
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Cheesing cost me a chance at a National title.

That is the problem with NCAA 2011. Online Dynasties have taken a big due to this kind of stuff. We have had a guy getting blown out of multiple games coming from being down 3 or 4 scores 4 times in one season because the computer will manipulate games and some offensive plays can become unstoppable.

To stop the verticals use a man robber and you have to get off of the defensive lineman on defense and sit on the routes he always throws. I have a feeling thats where you play.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:52 PM   #10
Rookie

TheBauerHour's Arena

OVR: 9

I've thrown every sort of man coverage at him, but since he has a fast TE, he always seems to find him when I run man. When I run zone coverage, he always hits a WR deep because of the 4 options running straight out and usually making mismatches on one side of the field while my safety struggles to key on the one guy that is getting passed to.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:01 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

I understand your frustrations. In one of the NC game in the OLD that I play in, I played a user and was up by 4 with a little over 20 seconds to go. I punted the ball to him and he got the ball on the negative 40 yard line or so and with 18 seconds left and no timeouts he was able to score a TD by running verts while my defenders were right there and just watched the receiver catch the ball everytime. I wanted to smash my controller and break the disc. This is why I get so frustrated when people complain about dreads and other beauty contest items; let EA concentrate on the gameplay and then once that is nailed then we can worry about visuals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 01:23 AM   #12
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Do you know the guy, or are you playing in an OD with random people? I know I won't join OD's with random people because of this right here. I just play in one OD with my friends, and we do our best to not allow any cheesing into games. My advice would be to ask around and see who is looking for a new member in their OD.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 01-25-2011, 03:34 AM   #13
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

Ive played well over 400 games online and have seen nearly every gimmick/cheese in the book. Forgive me if I say your defense must not be very good. Man should always shut down verticals unless you have slow LB or MLB checking. Try using nickle overstorm brave(man w/ 2 LBs blitzing) or dime cover 1. Man cov. weakness is out routes and crossing patterns.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:44 AM   #14
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

This is why I refuse to not know everyone in my OD. The one run by myself and a friend does let in people we don't know, but if there's any sign of cheesing or complaining by a person we check it out. One receiver has 3000 receiving yards while the next closest has 500? Bye. Running back has 5k yards? Bye. I understand you can be good at the game. I understand you may have a superstar player. But there are points where it's ridiculous.

When it comes to cheese plays, we have to depend on what the players playing them say. We've asked them to record videos of a guy doing cheese stuff (if the guy uses all 5 replays on a guy running 4 verticals, something is up. That's not football, that's being a douche.) It doesn't really matter if you can stop it. What fun is it having to call a specific defense to defend one play because the guy runs it 10 times a game? It's not like it's a HB Slam or Toss. Those plays are realistic to run 10 times in a game, as running plays are pretty simple. Mass fly routes 10 times is never seen in real life. One guy on a play running it? Duh. 5? No.

I wish I could tell you how to stop it, but I've never had to worry about it. All I worry about is a guy who has fantastic players (guy in our OD has LaMichael James and Kenjon Barner at 99 overall. They're ridiculous. Other guy is Miami and has an unbelievable halfback who isn't 99 overall just because of awareness.) When you see players like that, you understand an offense being run around them. Running it 70% of plays makes sense. I play like that as Va Tech with Ryan Williams, Darren Evans, and David Wilson. But again, running just 3 or 4 plays? I don't care if I can stop every single one. It's boring as hell and not football. Instant kick from my dynasty. Someone does it in an OD I'm not commish of? I tell the commish. If nothing happens, I leave. If he talks to him, I wait until I play him again. He keeps doing it, and if the commish doesn't boot him, I leave. If the commish mass cheeses me, I'm leaving as soon as the game is done and blocking him. If I was you, I'd just leave.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 01-25-2011, 04:57 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1
I have a simple rule when I play - your only allowed to use plays from the ask coach section. I wish EA added it as an option online, it would kill cheesing. Anyone else do this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 08:32 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 0

Real simple if the guy is being an *** and running verticals go to quarters and use a cover 2 with contain and move everyone up like you are blitzing. This will make the guy think he can lob it over top and you will pick it off most the time. I know some will say this is cheese, but just do it untill he stops then go back to normal defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »