Home

The ability to edit ratings within franchise mode

This is a discussion on The ability to edit ratings within franchise mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2011, 01:53 AM   #9
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The ability to edit ratings within franchise mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
If it were allowed online, I'd hope that only the commissioner would have access to do that.
Give the power to the commissioner, and automatically post whatever changes are made on the dynasty page?
Old 05-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #10
Rookie

woody56's Arena

one the the most needed things imo. it's a big reason why i love nba 2k11, my dynasty is completely realistic and authentic. and for those who would abuse it in online dynasty, give the commish have the option to turn it off.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:29 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 20

So, remind me why this isn't in the game already?

Is it really so that little Johnny can't give everyone a 99?

Whatcha got against how little Johnny wants to play, EA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2011, 11:25 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13

I have wanted this for such a long time.

I can still pop in CH2k8 and play it because I can edit rosters to match up to this year's class.

I hate playing offline dynasty and seeing someone have a great year but they suck in the game.
The New York Yankees
The Chicago Cubs
The Chicago Bulls
Machester United FC
Old 05-03-2011, 11:28 PM   #13
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
So, remind me why this isn't in the game already?

Is it really so that little Johnny can't give everyone a 99?

Whatcha got against how little Johnny wants to play, EA?
I guess I really would like to know the reasoning that they don't have this in the game already. Is it really b/c some people might just make players all 99?

I guess I just don't get why they wouldn't. Have any of the EA guys ever said anything about it?
Old 05-03-2011, 11:50 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
I guess I really would like to know the reasoning that they don't have this in the game already. Is it really b/c some people might just make players all 99?

I guess I just don't get why they wouldn't. Have any of the EA guys ever said anything about it?
If someone is playing $60+ for a game they should able to play the way they want.
Being able to edit rosters during seasons. I want it to reflect from real life. I would like to decrease a player ovr if they are having a bad season. I am not the type to boost ovrs, but someone might. Especially height and weight. I hate getting 5'9 190 Power backs. I dont mind mind DLinemen coming in undersized, but If weight gain doesnt appear it would not seem realistic.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:55 PM   #15
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

It would be abused. Think of all the opportunities to "tweak" your starting LE if you sucked at developing a pass rush. Or maybe you're the type that think your incoming freshman tailback shouldn't be saddled with a foolishly low AWR rating.

In general, I do like the idea of any game allowing me to edit to my heart's delight. I'm the creative, greedy power-mongering type that thinks he knows best. Further, games that do include powerful editing functions generally live a longer, fuller life on a hard drive, and sports titles are no exception. After all, OS posted a front page article about a newly available editor for All Pro Football 2k8.

I doubt this will make it into '12, but what an early Christmas present would that be. Just integrate Team Builder functions...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 12:01 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
It would be abused. Think of all the opportunities to "tweak" your starting LE if you sucked at developing a pass rush. Or maybe you're the type that think your incoming freshman tailback shouldn't be saddled with a foolishly low AWR rating.

In general, I do like the idea of any game allowing me to edit to my heart's delight. I'm the creative, greedy power-mongering type that thinks he knows best. Further, games that do include powerful editing functions generally live a longer, fuller life on a hard drive, and sports titles are no exception. After all, OS posted a front page article about a newly available editor for All Pro Football 2k8.

I doubt this will make it into '12, but what an early Christmas present would that be. Just integrate Team Builder functions...
I would love the abilty to edit rosters in Team Builder website. I would be able to finish it before game comes out.
I am more of the edit height and weight than ratings. If editing ratings is in, it could be only allowed in offseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »