Home

The ability to edit ratings within franchise mode

This is a discussion on The ability to edit ratings within franchise mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: The ability to edit ratings within franchise mode

There is no reason this ability shouldn't be available, at the very least in offline dynasty mode. I love that The Show has this ability, and I think every sports game should have this as a option. Some people may abuse it, but who cares what somebody else does with their game. Somebody making all their players a 99 isn't going to impact me, so why should I care.

EA's recruiting class generation isn't perfect, I would like the ability to go in and adjust things as I see fit. Not to mention people have improved the game play by making significant changes to the ratings, the problem is without the ability to edit generated recruits those changes are pointless after 3 years.

Somebody else mentioned a global editor, and I think that would be great to have as well, but at the very least we should have the ability to edit ratings in dynasty mode.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2011, 11:25 PM   #26
Rookie

woody56's Arena

OVR: 3

The crazy thing is if this isn't added, is that it would be so simple to put in. It's not like some of the features people are requesting like coaching carousel which is a entire new thing that has to be created, this is just taking what you can do in the main menu and putting it in dynasty mode. Cant require much effort to do.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:31 PM   #27
Rookie

gohogs141's Arena

OVR: 2

that would be cool to build a real recruiting class like yours in real life instead of doing a CAP and him committing somewhere else :P and i would edit my opponent every week to make it reflect how they did the week before
Old 05-08-2011, 12:11 AM   #28
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

I agree that this should be implemented. The Show has this and I love the ability to edit players throughout the season to go along with their real life counterpart to keep the realism alive. I think this would make the game more attractive to dynasty junkies (online and offline). This would make the game even more appealing to play long-term (say well in to march or april as opposed to many players quiting after bowl games have been played because it loses appeal. I mean we pay 60 dollars for this game... we should have the ability to adjust a players ratings. Just my two cents but this would be a great idea and I hope the guys at EA are reading this.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:24 AM   #29
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
They need to go beyond just allowing us to edit players, there's way too many of them in this game. Around 9000. We need a global editor. If I want to add +10 acceleration to all WRs in the game I should be able to. I already know EA will mess up somewhere with incoming recruit ratings so it'd be nice to be able to fix it manually.

As for people abusing it I don't care what they do on their own game.
Completely agree.

Also, I see far less abuse happening than people think. Generally, what happens in most other games is people edit the ratings to be more realistic or more difficult in ways that suit their taste for realism and difficulty. If you don't believe me look no further than the slider forum...I don't see a whole lot of demand out there for sliders that let you score 500 points a game.

Random online matches should have EA default rosters.
Online dynasties should give the power to the commissioner, and automatically post changes on a website for everyone to see. The commissioner should also have the option to turn the editor off for himself.

A neat feature might be allowing everybody the right to change the roster in an online dynasty if everybody votes for it. The purpose of this would be to get rosters out faster once the game is out.

No question the average player should have the ability to edit individual ratings.
A global editor would be immensely helpful on its own and infinitely more helpful if you set up a system that controlled the types of recruits generated in the first place.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:15 AM   #30
MattUMD224

OVR:

This would be the best thing. I loved the gameplay as it was last year. But I just hated seeing the ratings players received.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #31
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

This would be a nice addition to have. I would only play with one team, maybe two in my offline franchise but if I see that a player is coming out of nowhere in the actual college football season I can edit his lower ratings in EA and make them higher.

There are so many kids in college football that I wouldn't really edit every player with this ability but for example I could edit the low rated kickers that came with EA's latest installment. Or maybe I could edit any team I see fit that I feel like has too many players at one position and edit them to another. The last two examples were problems in 2011

I do have this question.....if it's not available come the drop of the game isn't this something that can just be patched?

Maybe the developers don't know we're asking for it. I haven't seen them on here chatting with the community. Maybe a patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #32
Rookie

Dmarzio's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that edits the crap out of everyones ratings during the season (in other games nba2k11 and the show), and I think most people that use it will be using it to improve their experience in some way.

I absolutely LOVE the idea of the commissioner getting this power during an online dynasty. I think one way you could do it, is allow each user in an online dynasty edit their players as they see fit, then when they save their roster it gets sent to the commish for approval, or there is some kind of vote for approval.

We have guys on here that spend a lot of time discerning what each individual rating does for a player in a certain position or situation. Wouldn't it be nice to utilize that information to improve on general gameplay to make it more realistic?

I seriously doubt this would take more than a day for them to code into the game. The edit ratings code is already in the game, just not available during a dynasty. A global editor and a commish approval or vote system would take a little bit longer, but I don't think it would take too long. That being said, I think the minimum of just being able to edit players in an offline dynasty would improve so much.

Come on EA, this is something that can improve the game a lot, and I don't think it would take a whole lot of thought or development time to achieve.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »