Home

Top 5 player list

This is a discussion on Top 5 player list within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #9
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Top 5 player list

Top 5 RBs
1. LaMichael James
2. Trent Richardson
3. Marcus Lattimore
4. Knile Davis
5. Ronnie Hillman (I really like him) and hopefully he will get the treatment Dion Lewis and Ryan Williams got after solid freshmen seasons

Honorable mentions: Rodney Stewart, Doug Martin, Chris Polk, Montel Harris, Edwin Baker, Dan Herron

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Old 05-04-2011, 11:19 PM   #10
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates946
Well mainly because we forgot him which i dont know how when you are going to be at school for 6 years. Also obviously you are going to break every major passing record when you play at a school as long as he has/will. If Graham Harrell had another year Keenum wouldnt beat some of those records. Graham Harrell>Case Keenum
Keep this in mind... I loved Texas Tech w/ Mike Leach and I loved Graham Harrell there and am happy that he's in Green Bay now. But... Harrell threw 134 career TD passes at TT and he did it in 2010 attempts. Colt Brennan threw 131 TD passes in 1584 attempts. Give Brennan another 426 attempts and he would have ended w/ 166 TD passes based on what he averaged per attempt. And 166 would never be broken, even by Keenum.

Keenum is currently at 107. That means he would need to throw 59 this year just to tie, which would break another Brennan record... 58 TD passes in one season. So... suffice to say, if Brennan had Harrell's attempts... nobody would ever touch the records he would have had.

Just saying...

Old 05-05-2011, 12:16 AM   #11
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Keep this in mind... I loved Texas Tech w/ Mike Leach and I loved Graham Harrell there and am happy that he's in Green Bay now. But... Harrell threw 134 career TD passes at TT and he did it in 2010 attempts. Colt Brennan threw 131 TD passes in 1584 attempts. Give Brennan another 426 attempts and he would have ended w/ 166 TD passes based on what he averaged per attempt. And 166 would never be broken, even by Keenum.

Keenum is currently at 107. That means he would need to throw 59 this year just to tie, which would break another Brennan record... 58 TD passes in one season. So... suffice to say, if Brennan had Harrell's attempts... nobody would ever touch the records he would have had.

Just saying...
haha i thought this was going to happen when i realized you had Brennan as your picture...you are right though.
1. Colt Brennan
2. Graham Harrell
3. Case Keenum
Not trying to offend you but i just want to know, where is Colt Brennan now?

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 01:20 AM   #12
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates946
haha i thought this was going to happen when i realized you had Brennan as your picture...you are right though.
1. Colt Brennan
2. Graham Harrell
3. Case Keenum
Not trying to offend you but i just want to know, where is Colt Brennan now?
I think Brennan is paying for the sins of Andre Ware and David Klingler. Those were two Run & Shoot QB's that flamed out in the NFL. Klingler had the college record for TD passes w/ 54 in a season, and the year Brennan broke it he threw something like 74 fewer passes.

As for Brennan and his NFL career... his rookie year he led all QB's in rating in the pre-season and led two 4th quarter comebacks. Yes, it was against subs and guys that didn't make it, but that's also what he was playing with.

His second season he got hurt the first game and tried to play through it but it affected his ability and he was IR'd. His third season the 'Skins brought in Shanahan who got rid of every QB to bring in his own guys. McNabb didn't work out too well, Rex Grossman is... well, Rex Grossman, and John Beck has shown absolutely nothing.

Right now, Brennan has an offer to play in the UFL for Hartford, I think that's the team. And w/ the NFL lock-out, this gives him a chance to play. If he goes and plays at least he's playing. I know a lot of people like to say he played in a weak conference... the WAC... but the year he threw 58 TD passes he played against Boise State, Alabama, Purdue, Oregon State and Arizona State. The following year nobody wanted to play Hawaii and Michigan State paid $250,000.00 to get out of playing them.

I still believe he can play in the NFL. It's funny, all the positives the draft experts were praising Blaine Gabbert for, were the same things they said were weaknesses for Brennan. Brennan is accurate and he has the biggest intangible a QB can have; leadership.

I've kept a close eye on him, Harrell and Chase Daniel and hope that all of them can have success in the NFL. The NFL is too old-fashioned in their thinking... but teams like New England and Arizona w/ Warner, have proven that you can run 4 and 5- wide and win in the league. So has New Orleans w/ Brees.

Time will tell... but I still have faith in both Harrell and Brennan.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:35 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I think Brennan is paying for the sins of Andre Ware and David Klingler. Those were two Run & Shoot QB's that flamed out in the NFL. Klingler had the college record for TD passes w/ 54 in a season, and the year Brennan broke it he threw something like 74 fewer passes.

As for Brennan and his NFL career... his rookie year he led all QB's in rating in the pre-season and led two 4th quarter comebacks. Yes, it was against subs and guys that didn't make it, but that's also what he was playing with.

His second season he got hurt the first game and tried to play through it but it affected his ability and he was IR'd. His third season the 'Skins brought in Shanahan who got rid of every QB to bring in his own guys. McNabb didn't work out too well, Rex Grossman is... well, Rex Grossman, and John Beck has shown absolutely nothing.

Right now, Brennan has an offer to play in the UFL for Hartford, I think that's the team. And w/ the NFL lock-out, this gives him a chance to play. If he goes and plays at least he's playing. I know a lot of people like to say he played in a weak conference... the WAC... but the year he threw 58 TD passes he played against Boise State, Alabama, Purdue, Oregon State and Arizona State. The following year nobody wanted to play Hawaii and Michigan State paid $250,000.00 to get out of playing them.

I still believe he can play in the NFL. It's funny, all the positives the draft experts were praising Blaine Gabbert for, were the same things they said were weaknesses for Brennan. Brennan is accurate and he has the biggest intangible a QB can have; leadership.

I've kept a close eye on him, Harrell and Chase Daniel and hope that all of them can have success in the NFL. The NFL is too old-fashioned in their thinking... but teams like New England and Arizona w/ Warner, have proven that you can run 4 and 5- wide and win in the league. So has New Orleans w/ Brees.

Time will tell... but I still have faith in both Harrell and Brennan.
And the Packers *cough*cough*
Old 05-05-2011, 01:55 AM   #14
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
And the Packers *cough*cough*
You're right... my bad! The Pack and New England really opened up the doors of spread offenses in the NFL. Sorry for over-looking that!

Old 05-05-2011, 02:02 AM   #15
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

I think Aaron Murray belongs in the top 5 QBS

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 03:49 AM   #16
Rookie

mgovick's Arena

OVR: 1

1. DENARD ROBINSON
2. Justin Blackmon
3. Lamichael James
4. Andrew Luck
5. Robert Griffith

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »