Home

Player editing in dynasty?

This is a discussion on Player editing in dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2011, 12:21 PM   #33
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Player editing in dynasty?

Something I'll have to push for an answer on in the next Ustream event. I really just wish there was a way to communicate with an EA dev and just get an answer on the mindset on why this wasn't included.

After reading these boards I don't blame them for putting up a barrier in communication, but I wish there was a way to just tweet a dev in a very respectful way and get an answer.

Of course for every one person that would actually do that there is another who would just tweet them "YOU GUYS SUCK, "X" DIDN'T GET IN B/C YOU'RE LAZY AND 2K WOULD DO WAY BETTER."
Old 05-24-2011, 12:27 PM   #34
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

If the recruits and progression are tuned correctly then I won't have to worry about editing players. Here's to hoping

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 05-24-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #35
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I feel like rating progression was pretty well done in NCAA 11 once it was fixed. However, you are all right about the height/weight being broken. Really hope they fixed this one....

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #36
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I feel like rating progression was pretty well done in NCAA 11 once it was fixed. However, you are all right about the height/weight being broken. Really hope they fixed this one....
Agreed. How did I recruit a 5'7" 165 lb POWER BACK?! I know there's probably worse examples (esp. on the D-Line) but that just made me laugh.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #37
Pro

Regardless of whether many of the recruiting/progression things are fixed I still want to have the control to tweak things to my own desire.

There is just no possible way to accurately predict a recruiting class - if there were the big schools would never guess wrong on prospects. We'd never see a 5 star player bust, or an unranked on Rivals player develop into a team's #1 receiver.

I'm a details nerd, I would love making that 2 point tweak to a QB's accuracy rating and seeing how it changed his completion percentage.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #38
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah, I'd like to be able to fix recruits if they come in like they did in '11. But I would much rather see the recruits come in with more even, realistic ratings. Reason being because I don't have the time, or "want", to sit there for hour(s) between season's trying to fix 10's or 100's of broken players.

My ideal recruit generating system would be one that bases what is generated off of the players currently in the Dynasty file.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Old 05-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #39
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Regardless of whether many of the recruiting/progression things are fixed I still want to have the control to tweak things to my own desire.

There is just no possible way to accurately predict a recruiting class - if there were the big schools would never guess wrong on prospects. We'd never see a 5 star player bust, or an unranked on Rivals player develop into a team's #1 receiver.

I'm a details nerd, I would love making that 2 point tweak to a QB's accuracy rating and seeing how it changed his completion percentage.

I am a details nerd as well, I won't stay in an OD if the stats aren't sim enough. But the bottom line is it sounds like we have a limited toolbox once again and it is time to start preparing for it.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
But the bottom line is it sounds like we have a limited toolbox once again and it is time to start preparing for it.
I'm definitely prepped for it, I don't think it will get in this year. At this point I'm really just trying to find out why it doesn't get in.

They must be aware it's something the community wants b/c Madden got it and it seems fairly easy so I feel like there is a different reason besides time on why it isn't in. Just want to know what that is.

Extra control like this is something I would definitely DLC for

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »