Home

Just Pre-Ordered at Gamestop

This is a discussion on Just Pre-Ordered at Gamestop within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Just Pre-Ordered at Gamestop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammidysam
I'll try to wait for a price drop before getting it, as I can enjoy this game [NCAA Football 11] fine enough, and the prices for these games drop so quickly that it makes a lot more sense to just wait a few months. I mean, with my favorite football team Purdue sucking so badly, I can wait for this. I'm looking for the price to be about $40 before I buy it. With NBA 2k11 I don't follow the NBA as much as football, so I bought it at the start of the playoffs for $30, and have loved that game. It's a great deal for me, and I'd like to keep up that trend as it makes me feel better with these games.
2K11 has been $30 since Black Friday. I'm hoping NCAA is down to $40 on amazon by October. Doubt it happens, but a $10 cut even would be nice.

And yea, the pics or it didn't happen is an internet thing. Too many people don't believe anything people post on message boards, therefore they need some kind of proof because they think every person that posts on a message board must be a virgin teenage boy.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #58
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
2K11 has been $30 since Black Friday. I'm hoping NCAA is down to $40 on amazon by October. Doubt it happens, but a $10 cut even would be nice.

And yea, the pics or it didn't happen is an internet thing. Too many people don't believe anything people post on message boards, therefore they need some kind of proof because they think every person that posts on a message board must be a virgin teenage boy.
This post makes me laugh. About a month ago I was looking for a deal on NBA 2K11, no where was it on sale for $30. I went to Best Buy, Target, Gamestop, Toys R Us, and Wal-mart - they all had it for $50.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:16 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

You can always find it on Amazon for less and usually shipping = tax. If you have Prime like I do, shipping is free and you get it in 2 days. It's been around $30-$35 on Amazon since late November.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:18 PM   #60
Pro

khaled's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by grismosw
This post makes me laugh. About a month ago I was looking for a deal on NBA 2K11, no where was it on sale for $30. I went to Best Buy, Target, Gamestop, Toys R Us, and Wal-mart - they all had it for $50.
I bought NBA 2K11 new from Amazon for $35 a couple of weeks ago, free shipping and no tax.

Old 05-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #61
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:

I doubt that NCAA will be $40 by October. However, if you're planning on buying any other games this October then, some retailers (Best Buy & Toys R Us specifically) have a buy two get one free deal every October. That way each game is essentially $40 a piece. I'm hoping that this year I can grab NBA 2K12, Batman Arkham City and any other game but, knowing my luck the deal will be over by the time Batman AC comes out.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I doubt that NCAA will be $40 by October. However, if you're planning on buying any other games this October then, some retailers (Best Buy & Toys R Us specifically) have a buy two get one free deal every October. That way each game is essentially $40 a piece. I'm hoping that this year I can grab NBA 2K12, Batman Arkham City and any other game but, knowing my luck the deal will be over by the time Batman AC comes out.
Maybe Amazon will have something similar; I dont' remember last year. I'll have a $20 gift card, which hopefully won't expire in like 30 days so if I could hold off until october, I could pick up infamous 2, NCAA, and I'm sure I could find something else and get them for a good deal.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #63
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Maybe Amazon will have something similar; I dont' remember last year. I'll have a $20 gift card, which hopefully won't expire in like 30 days so if I could hold off until october, I could pick up infamous 2, NCAA, and I'm sure I could find something else and get them for a good deal.
I believe that Amazon matches the B2G1 deal however, IIRC they only allow you to choose from certain titles.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-28-2011, 03:47 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Yea, that is true, they are pretty bad about that unless it's holidays. I've passed on every single one this year because there was maybe one game I wanted and nothing after that. I'll have to wait and see the expiration. If it gets me until Christmas, I'll save the $20 for Uncharted 3 and if I'm lucky, at least maybe Infamous 2 will have dropped a bit, but that is asking a lot of Best Buy. I may get 2K12, but I have 2K11 and I don't like to get games every year. I'll have to start searching and see if there is something I'm interested in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »