Home

Realistic Future Conference Re-Alignments?

This is a discussion on Realistic Future Conference Re-Alignments? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #33
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Realistic Future Conference Re-Alignments?

and just so everyone remembers. the big ten did invite ND into the conference and it was accepted almost unanimously by the school. but the donors or regents or whatever they call it rejected 100%. ND does want to be in the big ten. the boosters don't. the boosters don't want to be in any conference.

Last edited by thelasthurtknee; 05-27-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
I guess I didn't explain it well. I'm not really concerned with divisions right now. I'm trying to figure out where to make other confrence changes. If the Pac-16 happened, then the B1G TEN and the SEC would likely want to expand to 16 too. What teams should I give them? What should I do with the Big 12? In a dream scenario, I would send the Big 12 teams to the MWC or the Big East and delete the Big 12 but you can't do that.
Here is what I would Do:
Pac-12(16): Add TX, TX tech, OU & OSU
SEC(16): Add TX A&M, FSU, VA Tech & TCU(this makes more sense than the Big East)
B1G(16): Add ND, Missouri, Pitt & Rutgers(for their Academics)
Now they all have 16 Teams, then to fix the rest:
Big East(8): Add Army & Navy to get to 8 Teams
Big 12(8): Add Houston, Rice, SMU & UTEP (All for geographical reasons) to get to 8 Teams
Independents(1): Add Any Team from MAC (your choice)
ACC(10): Leave with 10 Teams
MAC(12): Leave with 12 Teams
CUSA(8), WAC(9), Sun Belt(9) & MWC(7): You can leave as they are or make any changes b/w them that you want.
Also, you could pick two schools that you think fit from CUSA, WAC, Sun Belt or MWC, and put them in the Big East to get the Big East to 10 Teams. Then even out those other four so that three of them have 8 teams and one has 7 teams.

Last edited by doom41; 05-27-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #35
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

Ok....here is what I am thinking of doing in the 4th or 5th year of my dynasty.
The Big 10 fires the first shots over the summer adding Notre Dame, Pitt, Rutgers and Mizzou.
This opens up a run by the ACC, PAC, and SEC to get up to 16 teams as well...and when the debris settles this is the outcome.

Totally up to suggestions.
Spoiler

So....feel free to rip it apart. After the big 4 conferences it was a pain to get the smaller conferences right and keep them above 6 teams.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 06:03 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

My main plan is to get the Big East to a 12 team format. What I plan on doing is having Notre Dame (first year) winner of the MAC east (Probably Miami of Ohio) and then the winner of the Sunbelt or the C-USA East division. If I choose to do the C-USA, Ill put a team from a different conference to replace them. That way I keep the C-USA as a 12 team conference. Any Suggestions on a good place to hold the Conference championship!? Also, division names!?

Last edited by Soarindude02; 05-27-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:40 PM   #37
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarindude02
My main plan is to get the Big East to a 12 team format. What I plan on doing is having Notre Dame (first year) winner of the MAC east (Probably Miami of Ohio) and then the winner of the Sunbelt or the C-USA East division. If I choose to do the C-USA, Ill put a team from a different conference to replace them. That way I keep the C-USA as a 12 team conference. Any Suggestions on a good place to hold the Conference championship!? Also, division names!?
My thoughts on getting the Big East to 12 were adding Houston, UCF, and ECU. Divisions would be
North
West Virginia
Pittsburgh
Syracuse
UConn
Rutgers

South
UCF
ECU
Houston
Louisville
USF
Cincinnati

If I had to pick a nuetral site for the championship I'd likely pick Heinz Field, Raymond James Stadium, or Bank of America Stadium.
You mentioned wanting to keep the C-USA as a 12 team conference so you might not like this.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #38
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerg1234
Ok....here is what I am thinking of doing in the 4th or 5th year of my dynasty.
The Big 10 fires the first shots over the summer adding Notre Dame, Pitt, Rutgers and Mizzou.
This opens up a run by the ACC, PAC, and SEC to get up to 16 teams as well...and when the debris settles this is the outcome.

Totally up to suggestions.
Spoiler

So....feel free to rip it apart. After the big 4 conferences it was a pain to get the smaller conferences right and keep them above 6 teams.
Well since you put it out there.

The ACC would never add teams like WVU Louisville USF and Cinci (also ECU) because of their lower academic standards. Those schools can bring in players that would never qualify at the other ACC schools. Academics are a big part of being in the ACC. Theres nothing wrong with those schools, but their missions are very different than those of the current ACC schools(being the best academic school possible vs. providing education to as many people in the state as possible).

Another thing, GT left the SEC because of differences about oversigning and academics. I doubt they'd go back to basically the same situation now.

Anyway schools like vanderbilt, pitt, uconn, syracuse, rutgers, navy are probably the schools that would be most likely to be added if needed.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:48 PM   #39
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

I went the opposite way, so I hope you don't mind me posting this here. I went College Armageddon. Missouri and Notre Dame to the B1G TEN, and dominoes fall from there. Here's how my conferences break down, team wise:

I actually set out to make the power conferences 14, but kept playing with teams to get the mid-powers to 12 for a title game, then everyone else to 8. Ideally the WAC would just fold, but that option isn't in this year, so 4 it is.

Spoiler

So like I said, not realistic, but geographically sound.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #40
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

This is a custon confrence I created based on an idea of Texas becoming an independant. I created another one in which Texas went to the Pac-12. I'll try to post it later.
Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »