Home

Anyone Else With This Pre-Order Dilemma?

This is a discussion on Anyone Else With This Pre-Order Dilemma? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2011, 01:25 PM   #41
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Anyone Else With This Pre-Order Dilemma?

I usually don't pre-order NCAA or Madden for that matter because I usually go the next day. (Not a midnight release kind of person) I'm thinking about doing it this year though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #42
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
If your not gonna get the game at midnight because rosters won't be ready then you must not want the game that bad..

Midnight for me like every year and I can't wait!
just because i don't feel the need to get it at midnight doesn't mean i don't want the game bad enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Yea, I'm with this post. Amazon ships it to my doorstep free of charge. I'd much rather enjoy my sleep, have the game by noon at the latest because of the amazing FedEx delivery I have, and I'm set. And if it's during the fall or spring, it's waiting for me when I get home from teaching or class.

Sure, I want the game, but since I'm going to own the game any way, that extra few hours I'd get playing it at 1 am don't seem all that important; pretty sure I can make them up some time else.
i agree with everything you said. I can get the game at 12pm, play it for a few hours, get less sleep, go to work the next day tired, come home even more tired from work + lack of sleep, either try and force myself to stay up and play the game more or crash hard. Either way i'm going to crash hard at some point so its not worth it. Instead i can not get the game at 12pm, get my normal rest, go to work, pickup the game on my way home, play it without being tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipsyde82
E: oh and why get it early? well, this year, you'll probably want to get started on those playbooks if you're at all like me, then import some newly made TB schools and see how they look and play if u need to change anything, plus a major dive into RTG mode (lets see how that leaderboard looks after day one....hopefully my QB at the top of school, conf, and in the top 50 overall like it was lastyear, but didn't get it there for several months)
its not like its a race so getting started on playbooks (if i even decide to use custom playbooks) isn't that big of a deal. My teambuilder teams are already done (just need to convert to the new site when its up) so for me its just more about playing the game until the rosters come out. And the 2-3 hours i'd spend playing the 1st night can be made up if i really wanted to but again, its not like its a race or competition for who can get more playing time in the game over someone else.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #43
Pro

Steelersfan85's Arena

OVR: 11

Usually I just go to Best Buy at midnight to get the game but last year GS was selling the game on Monday so I got it a day early. I guess one of the stores in the area started to sell it so all of them were selling it early in my area.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

For the last four years I've gotten the game anywhere from 10 days to 2 days before the release date at my local mom and pop shop.

If I didn't have that I'd go to a midnight launch. I always enjoyed going for the experience with my fellow gamers. I've struck up some conversations and traded gamer tags to play some games online.

It's more for the experience this year!
Old 06-04-2011, 10:24 PM   #45
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

Never went to a midnight release before, but seriously considering going to my first for either ncaa or madden. Hopefully this won't start a trend because a lot of good games are coming out this fall lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2011, 02:03 AM   #46
Rookie

usc50's Arena

OVR: 6

I tried Walmart the last 2 years and both times they "didn't get their shipment" and didn't have the game for a couple of days. Meanwhile, there's a BestBuy a few miles farther that has 100's of copies right in the door at midnight as you walk in. I now go to BestBuy at midnight and you don't need to preorder.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »