Home

Anyone have any concerns?

This is a discussion on Anyone have any concerns? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
Banned

Draconian Sanctions's Arena

OVR: 0
Anyone have any concerns?

I'm worried about how Coaching Carousel will be implimented. Specifically in two ways:

#1- In one of the write ups describing CC, it said something to the effect of "Maybe the SDSU Head Coachw ill leave to be USC offensive coordinator". That would be terrible if it happened in my Dynasty, totally unrealistic and would never happen.

#2- Coach prestige when moving from Coordinator to HC. Seems that it's very possible that once you're A+, even as a coordinator, that's it, there's no reset of prestige when you become a Head Coach. Will Muschamp was an A or A+ coordinator, but definitely NOT an A or A+ head coach right out of the box. Again, very unrealistic if that's how it's implimented.

Other than that, I've very excited for this years game. Any other reason to be worried?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Anyone have any concerns?

We still don't know if conference prestige is dynamic.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

of course i'm worried this is EA we're talking about. We've seen from Custom Stadium Sounds and Teambuilder that they like to add features that are requested but only go about half way with getting them right and then never touch them again so for all we know this is just a slightly more advanced way of having some coaching changes at the end of the year and thats it.

If you really think about Custom Conferences & Coaching Carousel and what they've done with them (according to what we've been told) it really starts to feel like they didn't do much with this game. Its hard for me to believe that those were the only 2 things they were really able to add to this year's game and it took the whole development cycle to get them in there.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconian Sanctions
I'm worried about how Coaching Carousel will be implimented. Specifically in two ways:

#1- In one of the write ups describing CC, it said something to the effect of "Maybe the SDSU Head Coachw ill leave to be USC offensive coordinator". That would be terrible if it happened in my Dynasty, totally unrealistic and would never happen.

#2- Coach prestige when moving from Coordinator to HC. Seems that it's very possible that once you're A+, even as a coordinator, that's it, there's no reset of prestige when you become a Head Coach. Will Muschamp was an A or A+ coordinator, but definitely NOT an A or A+ head coach right out of the box. Again, very unrealistic if that's how it's implimented.

Other than that, I've very excited for this years game. Any other reason to be worried?
when head coaches get fired they move back to a coordinator position... Look at Charlie Weis. He was the HC at one of the biggest schools in the country. Now is a OC at Florida. So if the SDSU coach got fired or left to USC it wouldnt be unrealistic. It would actually be a bigger job.

and for #2 they already said if you're an A+ coordinator you wont be and A+ head coach your prestige gets knocked down.
SO there concerns avoided.

Like the guy said before me. the only thing that has me worried is that conference prestige is not fluid. thats the biggest concern in dynasty. My other concern is how easy is it to become an A+ OC/DC or HC cause player progression is part of that. If there are tons of A+ coaches then PP will be all sorts of whack
Old 06-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
and for #2 they already said if you're an A+ coordinator you wont be and A+ head coach your prestige gets knocked down.
SO there concerns avoided.
I've actually heard the opposite. In some video with Ben, he used Gus Malzhan as an example where he basically said that if he's an A OC, he's not going to go down in prestige if he becomes a HC because he's still a superstar.

Sadly, I wish it were the other way. I don't remember which vid had Ben saying this, but I'm sure someone on here can provide the link.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #6
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm a little concerned about the line play, again. I want the ability to have my elite speed rushing DEs hitting the outside and getting instant pressure WITHOUT getting suctioned into the OT.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #7
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I am a little worried about CC too. Its the first year of the feature I am sure there will be issues. I hate to keep bringing up 2k8 but, I just bought and played it for the first time 3 weeks ago (only 3 bucks) and I am blown away by the little touches the legacy mode has. I am 6 seasons deep, first 3 with Brown, currently in my third with FIU. I have only been the the tourney once and haven't had a big school offer me anything yet. I think that is how it should be. It should be a long process, like an RPG game, it should be a grind. I have a feeling, based on how fast a school can go from star to 6 stars in this game, you will probably be able to advance up every single season if you want to.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #8
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I am a little worried about CC too. Its the first year of the feature I am sure there will be issues. I hate to keep bringing up 2k8 but, I just bought and played it for the first time 3 weeks ago (only 3 bucks) and I am blown away by the little touches the legacy mode has. I am 6 seasons deep, first 3 with Brown, currently in my third with FIU. I have only been the the tourney once and haven't had a big school offer me anything yet. I think that is how it should be. It should be a long process, like an RPG game, it should be a grind. I have a feeling, based on how fast a school can go from star to 6 stars in this game, you will probably be able to advance up every single season if you want to.
I agree 100%, but EA will never make the game for hardcore sim players. They need to appease the casual gamers for sales figures. I know when I start my first CC as Buffalo's DC, it will only take 2 or 3 years until I get a HC offer from Texas / Florida / Michigan / etc.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »