Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Alabama at Oklahoma State

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Alabama at Oklahoma State within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #57
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Alabama at Oklahoma State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
You can run from the shotgun this year. Tested this extensively when I played the game at E3.

Also, pass rush is more aggressive by CPU and as a human you can get pressure on the CPU QB. Played multiple games on All American default sliders.

As was mentioned by Mr. Dewiel, these vids are just focusing on certain aspects, in this case zone coverage. 10 days until the demo :-)
THANK YOU.. I EFFING LOVE YOU..

No seriously thank you, I was on edge about this with Clemson getting a new spread offense... my worries are over, I'm more excited than ever now.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:27 AM   #58
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Every video I see makes me less excited about this game. I try to stay away from them and just wait for the demo, but I just can't seem to help myself.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:53 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 5

No offense to EA but it looks like NCAA 11. No difference in my eyes, Madden looks like the game this year.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:48 AM   #60
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video: Alabama at Oklahoma State featuring Zone D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
The point of the video wasn't to show a pass rush. You can easily get one. We intentionally called zone defenses without blitzers/pressure to show everyone how the defenders were playing zones against different passes. You can get pressure in the game. We'll show that off in an upcoming video.
So you're saying we have to blitz in order to get a pass rush? You do know that some DC's run alot of zone because of the ability to rush only 4 right? We shouldnt have to blitz to get a pass rush.... The D-line play looks canned and programmed to specifically interact with the OL instead of getting to the QB...

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 06-19-2011, 12:21 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree with what has been said about the pass rush and passing accuracy in the videos it looks like more of the same. But damn people at least wait for the demo to come out before you bury the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #62
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

I think overall the game looks stellar. I definitely don't agree that "it's the same old thing". And I do hope that the worry about the lack of front four pressure is unwarranted in the actual game. But it would be nice to see some dominant DL play in a video or two. The only video where any was evident was Jared Crick of Nebraska...and I would hope that you don't have to have a 98 rated DT or DE to be able to get a good pass rush from your front four.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:41 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 6
Why did'nt it show the Alabama offense
Old 06-19-2011, 12:43 PM   #64
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I think overall the game looks stellar. I definitely don't agree that "it's the same old thing". And I do hope that the worry about the lack of front four pressure is unwarranted in the actual game. But it would be nice to see some dominant DL play in a video or two. The only video where any was evident was Jared Crick of Nebraska...and I would hope that you don't have to have a 98 rated DT or DE to be able to get a good pass rush from your front four.
Did they even try to use power or finesse moves to get around the offensive linemen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngw411
Why did'nt it show the Alabama offense
For whatever reason they thought the pass offense of Oklahoma State would be tested well in the video by going against the athletic defense of Alabama. Everytime Alabama got the ball the makers probably just punted. That would be my guess by the looks of Oklahoma State starting position for each drive. If that is the case I am glad they didnt show the Alabama offensive plays. Watching those punts would be pointless.

Last edited by He1nousOne1; 06-19-2011 at 12:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »