Home

Crowd Meter

This is a discussion on Crowd Meter within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2011, 01:28 AM   #17
Pro

brobamigo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Crowd Meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
I'll pass. I like that sports games are now going for a strictly broadcast feel with their presentation, and there is no crowd meter on a television broadcast.

If it's loud as hell, then make the crowd audio loud as hell. That's what I want.
while i liked the meter, if they could just add the screen shaking along with the features now, and actually make it feel like your at a college football game, then ill be happy if there is no meter...none of the games on next gen have felt/sounded like an authentic college footballl crowd...and from the looks of it its not gonna happen this year, although it is improved over last year
Old 06-26-2011, 01:49 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

is your quote from the stanford upset of usc in 2007 jw
Old 06-26-2011, 05:45 AM   #19
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

For NCAA 2005 I actually turned off commentary and jacked up the crowd volume so it had that 'on the field' feel to it. It's a shame that game was so defensive minded though and 10-7 games were the norm.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #20
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I'll pass. I like that sports games are now going for a strictly broadcast feel with their presentation, and there is no crowd meter on a television broadcast.

If it's loud as hell, then make the crowd audio loud as hell. That's what I want.
sometimes in real like of the broadcast they'll have someone show the decibel meter to show us how loud the crowd is. The camera angle isn't broadcast. Screens don't shake on tv but that doesn't mean it wasn't a feature that made the game better. While i like to have as much broadcast stuff as possible, i still want to get the feeling of being at the game because if they went for a strictly broadcast presentation then the crowds would be neutered because you can never get the full feeling of the crowd when you watch it on tv.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:18 PM   #21
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
You really do need a combination of being in the crowd, on the sideline, and watching a broadcast. I always go and mess with the audio sliders to make the crowd louder.

As for the crowd meter, the thing was ugly. But I loved the feature. And that video made me realize just how good those games were in the last generation.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 18

Amazing how good we had it back in the day, 2005, looking back at that gameplay and presentation. Stat overlays all over the place... loved Madden and NCAA 2005.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:34 PM   #23
Rookie

jjbreez90's Arena

OVR: 4

I think it would be perfect if they took away the ability for the player to control how loud the crowd is and just add the screen shaking. That way you wouldn't need the Meter on the top.

If you ever watch a game going on at Husky Stadium on TV the camera's shake a LOT after a huge Husky play or when the Defense needs a big stop. It would just add a lot to the atmosphere. You could even have a new Game Track thing with EA talking about how loud the Crowd has been in the game.

It brought a lot to the game when you planned on receiving the ball first to take the loud crowd out of the game. I miss that.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #24
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

I am with you. I usually don't like the meters that show the crowd, momentum, chemistry, being in the "zone", etc . They are generally overdone and become a distraction. The one I really disliked was the momentum meter in '07. After ever single play there was some graphic that shoed every little momentum shift...it became the primary focus of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »