Home

Wow! Looks like the Triple Option doesn't work again!

This is a discussion on Wow! Looks like the Triple Option doesn't work again! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2011, 10:24 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Wow! Looks like the Triple Option doesn't work again!

I played an offline dynasty with GT on 11 and also used them a fair amount online in ranked matches. It can be difficult to use them online because people bring a lot of pressure and the PA passing game doesn't work very well, but it is also very satisfying when you are able to move the ball.

I would agree with some of the posters who said that the GT user did not make the correct reads in the video. Several of those should have been gives to the FB.

There are a few things that I do when using GT online. I am not saying they are the best things, but they have helped me.

1. I usually try to establish the FB right away. People generally pinch the DL, play man, and bring pressure. If you can establish the FB early, it will open up the outside.

2. The triple option should be run to a 5 and a 1 technique (outside shade of the PST and inside shade of the PSG). This gives you a nice bubble for the FB.

3. One of the best things I think I do is formation my opponent. I will often line up both receivers on the same side of the ball (the inside receiver will be ineligible) when I am on the hash. I generally put both receivers into the boundary. Because so many people play man and pressure online, both corners will be on the same side of the field. This allows you to run triple, load options, speed options, and sweeps to the field. If you are able to get outside, the defense often doesn't have anyone to play the pitch. If the defense aligns in zone, you can still run to the 2 receiver side because you will have picked up an extra blocker on that side.

4. One thing I have tried to do to slow down the backside DE is to use a TE and run option away from him. I realize that GT doesn't use TE's, but this can help.

5. I have had some success with the jet sweep and speed option when I play with a WR and TE on the same side of the ball (the TE is not eligible). This is best when people are bringing a ton of pressure inside.

6. The "yo-yo" motion can be effective because people will often control a safety or LB and run him towards the motion. You can catch people off guard if you use this.

7. I don't pass much with this offense and I can't use PA.

8. You have to be patient with this offense. There will be some 3 and outs and I have been shut out by people. I have also crushed some people as Navy who had no idea how to stop it.

Sorry for being so long. Those are just my thoughts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »