Home

Super Line Backers are back

This is a discussion on Super Line Backers are back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #113
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Super Line Backers are back

Maybe another way of looking at this (pun intended) is to actually program the players to only see the area of the field that is within their field of vision. The game acts like, no matter where a defender is on the field, what direction he's facing, he has 360 degree vision.

In Madden a few years back, they had the dumb "vision cone" thing for QB's, so why couldn't the re-introduce this technology into all players? Seems simple to me.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
What about reaction time on run plays? Or reaction time realizing a screen pass? There are other aspects where a linebacker's reaction time is fine. So do you create a slider just for "Linebacker reaction when a pass is being thrown over the middle and the linebacker is in zone coverage?" That'd be a heck of a menu.
No just reaction time to a thrown pass. I'm sure reaction time to a run is different then to a pass, because otherwise, all the defenders would go after the QB like he was a runningback when he was dropping back to pass.

There comes a time when defenders transition from coverage to pursuit on passing plays, delay that reaction time.

Run plays are just pursuit from the start and any delay that would effect a run play would be normal as the defender does have to read run before he reacts anyway.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #115
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Ive been fiddling with sliders on heisman, with Ints @ 50, I finally see the superhuman LBs, one handers, super verticals off one foot, etc, however I had no business throwing the passes I threw. The ints/bat downs dont bother me, its the manner in which they happen that does.

Now, ive been playing with with ints for the cpu @ 40 since I got the game and I see far less super LB, so for me, thats alleviated super LB, I think the int slider is what triggers then to leap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 02:00 AM   #116
Rookie

Just messed around in practice with an accurate qb vs bama's linebackers.

There's definetly an in between touch pass between bullets and lobs. This helps.

Holding Up on Lead passing also helps. It doesn't give as much lead as it should, the WR was still catching the ball chest high most of the time, instead of having to go up and get it like he should, but it helps.

Stepping up in the pocket also seems to help by giving a better trajectory over the middle of the field. Unfortunately it's pretty scary to do so, and isn't also possible.

Definetly saw some physics being broken when a LB was in a zone covering a drag route underneath from a WR who was running at top speed, then jump backwards to swat a pass going to a WR running the opposite way further downfield on a dig route. Oh well, still better than any other madden/ncaa game i've played.

Could use some tweaking, but will get used to it as is.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:26 AM   #117
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

After getting intercepted by a super leaping linebacker for what seems like the millionth time now, I found it quite ironic that one of the announcers just said, "And how did he catch that ball!?"

I chuckled and shook my head..
Old 07-15-2011, 03:35 AM   #118
Rookie

ps2sportgamer's Arena

OVR: 5

If you really sit back and think about it, without super human linebackers (not as bad as 11 btw), the defense in this game would be terrible. Crossing routes would be open all freaking day and it would be an offensive scorefest.

The NCAA programmers probably gave small boosts to LB's so they have a CHANCE to cover receivers. I dont mind it honestly. Smart passers can get around this

What really needs to be done is fix ball trajectory...If the ball wasn't so low, this wouldnt happen 75% of the time

Last edited by ps2sportgamer; 07-15-2011 at 03:40 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:41 AM   #119
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2sportgamer
What really needs to be done is fix ball trajectory...If the ball wasn't so low, this wouldnt happen 75% of the time
Exactly, because if you're throwing 30 yards downfield it'd be literally impossible for a LB who is 5 yards in front of you to catch the ball. He might, just might, be able to get a hand on it to deflect it but only if his vertical was very good and even then he'd never pick it off. The trajectory is the biggest issue here.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-15-2011, 05:50 AM   #120
Rookie

Part of the annoying thing is that, not only do they knock down tons of passes, it's that when they jump, they never ever seem to miss.

I'm wondering what rating/slider causes defense in zones to instantly get in position to defend a pass as soon as it's thrown. maybe something like a global -20 decrease in zone coverage for LB. maybe awareness, but that would probably break the defense in other ways just guessing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »